  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
November 11, 2004 11:20:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

Amazing.........
GMAN

More about : halo

Anonymous
November 12, 2004 6:17:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

Yes... it truly is.

Beat it on Normal. Didn't like how it ended or the confusing storylines, but
hey the gameplay more than made up for it.

Legendary is extremely difficult. Much more than the original game. A
stragegic slow advance seems like the way to go.

> Amazing.........
> GMAN

Anonymous
November 14, 2004 6:15:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

lol. It might just be the Starwars of video games.

Honestly, I think that Bungie has H3 done already and are keeping it tightly
under wraps for a release next year.

Why else would it take so long??

"GM" <n@here.com> wrote in message
> In article <C7adnUAL8vmniwjcRVn-2g@comcast.com>, robmac1701e@comcast.net

> do we have to wait another 3 years? some of us would like to finish the
saga before we reach retirement.
Anonymous
November 14, 2004 1:06:49 PM

"pezoids" <pezoids@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> lol. It might just be the Starwars of video games.
>
> Honestly, I think that Bungie has H3 done already and are keeping it
tightly
> under wraps for a release next year.
>
> Why else would it take so long??
>

> "GM" <n@here.com> wrote in message
> > In article <C7adnUAL8vmniwjcRVn-2g@comcast.com>, robmac1701e@comcast.net
>
> > do we have to wait another 3 years? some of us would like to finish the
> saga before we reach retirement.

I would suspect...and this is just a guess here....that programming all the
code for levels, characters, weapons, vehicles, and cutscenes would take a
looooooooong time, especially if you completely drop a level (the one played
at E3) and have to revamp it and change the story to accomodate the change
and gathering the sound effects and recording the sound track (music &
spoken) would take a long time.

Everyone at Bungie deserves a pat on the back and a month or two of
vacation, then they should begin HALO 3 and give themselves 2 years (3 if
they plan a major end to the series with bigger levels, more weapons, more
vehicles, yada yada yada.....), I think 2 is doable if they spend some of
their cut of the $125,000,000.00 of first-day sales and hire more writers &
programmers.
November 14, 2004 2:20:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

In article <lpKdnapWpf8b6QrcRVn-vA@comcast.com>, robmac1701e@comcast.net
says...

> "pezoids" <pezoids@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > lol. It might just be the Starwars of video games.
> >
> > Honestly, I think that Bungie has H3 done already and are keeping it
> tightly
> > under wraps for a release next year.
> >
> > Why else would it take so long??
> >

> > "GM" <n@here.com> wrote in message
> > > In article <C7adnUAL8vmniwjcRVn-2g@comcast.com>, robmac1701e@comcast.net
> >
> > > do we have to wait another 3 years? some of us would like to finish the
> > saga before we reach retirement.
> >

> I would suspect...and this is just a guess here....that programming all the
> code for levels, characters, weapons, vehicles, and cutscenes would take a
> looooooooong time, especially if you completely drop a level (the one played
> at E3) and have to revamp it and change the story to accomodate the change
> and gathering the sound effects and recording the sound track (music &
> spoken) would take a long time.
>
> Everyone at Bungie deserves a pat on the back and a month or two of
> vacation, then they should begin HALO 3 and give themselves 2 years (3 if
> they plan a major end to the series with bigger levels, more weapons, more
> vehicles, yada yada yada.....), I think 2 is doable if they spend some of
> their cut of the $125,000,000.00 of first-day sales and hire more writers &
> programmers.

at least when Spielberg, Lucas, the Wachowski brothers, and Peter
Jackson announce they're developing a trilogy, you know upfront that its
a trilogy. i guess Halo is like other Microsoft products in that no
matter how many times they have a new release, its intentionally
incomplete and always leaves you feeling hungry. i just want to know
when Halo XP or Halo-Longhorn will really be released.
November 15, 2004 1:52:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

"pezoids" <pezoids@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> lol. It might just be the Starwars of video games.
>
> Honestly, I think that Bungie has H3 done already and are keeping it
tightly
> under wraps for a release next year.
>
> Why else would it take so long??

If you think that any video game house would spend the resources for a
project the size of H3, and not release it, you're crazy. The technology
would be stale if they waited, and the money is alread spent for no return.

The "why so long", is that software is a lot more complicated to write and
perfect, than a movie is to shoot and release. Buggy, patched up software
will not be profitable beyond the first week.

-Russ.
Anonymous
November 15, 2004 7:01:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

But hey, I still play N64 and Intellevision from time to time.

What makes a game great goes beyond technology. It's the concept and how fun
it is.

!