Asus A8N-SLI Video Card

I'm building a system based on an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe and I'm not sure
if I should go with a 265MB DDR or 128MB DDR3 video card (if I go with
the DDR3, I'm thinking on the ASUS Extreme N6600GT). I want to spend
$250,00 max… Can anybody shed me some light on what is the best option
here. I don't intend to do SLI. Also are there any video cards that
pairs up better with this specific MOBO?

Thanks!!!
2 answers Last reply
More about asus video card

    Anton wrote:
    > I'm building a system based on an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe and I'm not sure
    > if I should go with a 265MB DDR or 128MB DDR3 video card (if I go with
    > the DDR3, I'm thinking on the ASUS Extreme N6600GT). I want to spend
    > $250,00 max… Can anybody shed me some light on what is the best option
    > here. I don't intend to do SLI. Also are there any video cards that
    > pairs up better with this specific MOBO?

    Provided it's a PCIe card, any card will team up nicely with the board.
    Whether or not the card will meet with your expectations depends more on
    what you expect to get, and what you are prepared to spend. Although
    there is no immediate need to run two cards in SLI on this board, it's
    an attractive upgrading path. Having said that, if you don't want or
    can't afford an SLI enabled card, then take your pick, nVidia or ATi...

    Anton wrote:
    > I'm building a system based on an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe and I'm not sure
    > if I should go with a 265MB DDR or 128MB DDR3 video card (if I go with
    > the DDR3, I'm thinking on the ASUS Extreme N6600GT). I want to spend
    > $250,00 max… Can anybody shed me some light on what is the best option
    > here. I don't intend to do SLI. Also are there any video cards that
    > pairs up better with this specific MOBO?

    All I can say is thet choosing your card based on it's memory is
    probably not advised.

    I was going to suggest an X800XL but it appears to be a tad out of your
    price range at ~290 USD (newegg, today). Shame, really as thats
    probably the best bang for buck card by a long way.

    Ben

Asus Graphics Cards SLI Motherboards