Finding latest Nvidia drivers for ASUS K8N

I hate to ask such a basic question ... but I just bought an ASUS K8N
mobo, which has an Nvidia nForce 3 250 chipset. This is the first
mobo I have purchased containing Nvidia chipset. All my prior mobos
had VIA chipsets. After installing them I always went to VIAARENA and
got latest 4-in-1 drivers (now called Hyperion).

At any rate ... I just installed this new mobo with Nvidia chipset ...
and so went to nVidia's web site looking for latest drivers. I found
version 4.27 of their "unified driver" for W2k (which is the OS I'm
running). Is this the equivalent of VIA's Hiperion driver update
package?

This Unified Driver is dated 7-19-04 ... there's an ASUS "nvidia
driver update" dated 9.30.04 -- a later date on the ASUS download, but
I imagine the Nvidia release would be bettter?

Adam White wrote:
> I hate to ask such a basic question ... but I just bought an ASUS K8N
> mobo, which has an Nvidia nForce 3 250 chipset. This is the first
> mobo I have purchased containing Nvidia chipset. All my prior mobos
> had VIA chipsets. After installing them I always went to VIAARENA and
> got latest 4-in-1 drivers (now called Hyperion).
>
> At any rate ... I just installed this new mobo with Nvidia chipset ...
> and so went to nVidia's web site looking for latest drivers. I found
> version 4.27 of their "unified driver" for W2k (which is the OS I'm
> running). Is this the equivalent of VIA's Hiperion driver update
> package?

Yes.

> This Unified Driver is dated 7-19-04 ... there's an ASUS "nvidia
> driver update" dated 9.30.04 -- a later date on the ASUS download, but
> I imagine the Nvidia release would be bettter?

Grab the latest nVidia release, yes.

Ben