AV600 IDE vs SATA

Can I have 2 HDD on my A7V600 MB, one IDE and another one SATA??
without activating the RAID?

Right now I have 2 IDE 80G. I want to install a new HD.
But before I buy the new HD I want to knwo If I can use
one of each type.

Thanks

hsantos wrote:
> Can I have 2 HDD on my A7V600 MB, one IDE and another one SATA??
> without activating the RAID?

Yep/

> Right now I have 2 IDE 80G. I want to install a new HD.
> But before I buy the new HD I want to knwo If I can use
> one of each type.

Yep. (I'm assuming you do have a SATA controller on this board)

Just remember to enable the SATA controller (could be in the BIOS, or a
mobo jumper, or both), and to set the boot order correctly. Often the
SATA controller is listed as SCSI in the boot order.

Ben