Audio Driver Gone

I was attempting to play an mp3 and out of the blue it
tells me that i don't have a sound card. I thought this
might mean to update my driver but when I did that it
told me i didn't have a sound card. I checked and sure
enough its still there, only my computer isn't
recognizing it. This just happened out of the blue, I
didn't take it out for any reason in the last 6 months or
more and I made sure it was in. Any explantions? Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about audio driver gone

    Brian, if you have a PCI Slot Sound Card try removing and reinstalling
    it. You could also rt click MyComputer>select
    Properties>Hardware>Device Manager>Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    expand and rt click on all the entries
    and choose uninstall. Restart and let WinXP reinstall them.
    "Brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I was attempting to play an mp3 and out of the blue it
    > tells me that i don't have a sound card. I thought this
    > might mean to update my driver but when I did that it
    > told me i didn't have a sound card. I checked and sure
    > enough its still there, only my computer isn't
    > recognizing it. This just happened out of the blue, I
    > didn't take it out for any reason in the last 6 months or
    > more and I made sure it was in. Any explantions? Thanks.

    XP did not automatically reinstall the device things, how
    can i get it to do that?

    Still a no go on the situation. Any other ideas?

Sound Cards Windows XP