Optimized BIOS defaults??

Hi guys, Im trying to tweak out my system in every
possible way, and Ive always wondered what "Load
optimized defaults" in the BIOS acutally does? Would it
significalty improve performance? Is it risky? and lets
say i cant boot up afterwards, how would i restore it?
thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about optimized bios defaults

    answers inline!!
    "Ameer K." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi guys, Im trying to tweak out my system in every
    > possible way, and Ive always wondered what "Load
    > optimized defaults" in the BIOS acutally does?
    manufacturers version of maximum performance

    Would it
    > significalty improve performance? ......no
    Is it risky? medium risk...
    and lets
    > say i cant boot up afterwards, how would i restore it?
    pull the Cmos battery for a few minutes with no power to system
    reset the bios reset pin on the mobo
    > thanks

    peter

    Optimized settings are those most likely to give performance with
    stability.. they do not put too much strain on the system..

    "Ameer K." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi guys, Im trying to tweak out my system in every
    > possible way, and Ive always wondered what "Load
    > optimized defaults" in the BIOS acutally does? Would it
    > significalty improve performance? Is it risky? and lets
    > say i cant boot up afterwards, how would i restore it?
    > thanks

    You may find these two site helpful also:
    http://www.pcguide.com/ref/mbsys/bios/set/index.htm
    http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid,107870,00.asp

    Also, I agree with almost all of the settings found here:
    http://www.omegadrivers.net/mb_bios.php

    This site is for video performance (tweaked video card drivers), but
    also improves system performance in the process ;)

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Ameer K. wrote:
    > Hi guys, Im trying to tweak out my system in every
    > possible way, and Ive always wondered what "Load
    > optimized defaults" in the BIOS acutally does? Would it
    > significalty improve performance? Is it risky? and lets
    > say i cant boot up afterwards, how would i restore it?
    > thanks

    I wopiuld have though the default settings are the opposite to 'tweaked'
    settings. Default settings will be the most conservative settings and will
    not provide the 'ultimate' wrt to performance but will give system
    stability. If you are going to 'change BIOS settings, I suggest you change
    settings individually and make a note of what you change so you can assess
    the results and change back if required.

    "Ameer K." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi guys, Im trying to tweak out my system in every
    > possible way, and Ive always wondered what "Load
    > optimized defaults" in the BIOS acutally does? Would it
    > significalty improve performance? Is it risky? and lets
    > say i cant boot up afterwards, how would i restore it?
    > thanks

Hardware BIOS Microsoft Windows XP