  • BIOS
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
August 14, 2004 8:37:19 PM

Hi guys, Im trying to tweak out my system in every
possible way, and Ive always wondered what "Load
optimized defaults" in the BIOS acutally does? Would it
significalty improve performance? Is it risky? and lets
say i cant boot up afterwards, how would i restore it?
thanks

More about : optimized bios defaults

August 14, 2004 9:51:54 PM

answers inline!!
"Ameer K." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi guys, Im trying to tweak out my system in every
> possible way, and Ive always wondered what "Load
> optimized defaults" in the BIOS acutally does?
manufacturers version of maximum performance

Would it
> significalty improve performance? ......no
Is it risky? medium risk...
and lets
> say i cant boot up afterwards, how would i restore it?
pull the Cmos battery for a few minutes with no power to system
reset the bios reset pin on the mobo
> thanks

peter
Anonymous
August 15, 2004 12:54:02 AM

Optimized settings are those most likely to give performance with
stability.. they do not put too much strain on the system..

"Ameer K." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi guys, Im trying to tweak out my system in every
> possible way, and Ive always wondered what "Load
> optimized defaults" in the BIOS acutally does? Would it
> significalty improve performance? Is it risky? and lets
> say i cant boot up afterwards, how would i restore it?
> thanks
Anonymous
August 15, 2004 5:31:02 AM

You may find these two site helpful also:
http://www.pcguide.com/ref/mbsys/bios/set/index.htm
http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid,107870,00.as...

Also, I agree with almost all of the settings found here:
http://www.omegadrivers.net/mb_bios.php

This site is for video performance (tweaked video card drivers), but
also improves system performance in the process ;)

----
Nathan McNulty

Ameer K. wrote:
> Hi guys, Im trying to tweak out my system in every
> possible way, and Ive always wondered what "Load
> optimized defaults" in the BIOS acutally does? Would it
> significalty improve performance? Is it risky? and lets
> say i cant boot up afterwards, how would i restore it?
> thanks
Anonymous
August 15, 2004 11:33:51 AM

I wopiuld have though the default settings are the opposite to 'tweaked'
settings. Default settings will be the most conservative settings and will
not provide the 'ultimate' wrt to performance but will give system
stability. If you are going to 'change BIOS settings, I suggest you change
settings individually and make a note of what you change so you can assess
the results and change back if required.

!