Recently I changed my operating system from xp home to xp
professional. Since I did that i've had a few little
glitches that i worked out but this one seems to be the
hardest. I try to burn music or data on to a cd and any
of the programs i use goes through the burning process
and at the end says burn successful. the problem is it
isnt really burning. I check afterwards and theres no
data on the cd at all. Ive tried a couple different
softwares and they all do the same thing so i counted
that out. I also went through the cdwr drive properties
and checked everything out and it looks ok. Any
suggestions?

Kevin

bar

May just be coincidental with the upgrade, but it appears that the CD has
failed.

Time for a new unit.

"Kevin" wrote:

> Recently I changed my operating system from xp home to xp
> professional. Since I did that i've had a few little
> glitches that i worked out but this one seems to be the
> hardest. I try to burn music or data on to a cd and any
> of the programs i use goes through the burning process
> and at the end says burn successful. the problem is it
> isnt really burning. I check afterwards and theres no
> data on the cd at all. Ive tried a couple different
> softwares and they all do the same thing so i counted
> that out. I also went through the cdwr drive properties
> and checked everything out and it looks ok. Any
> suggestions?
>
> Kevin

Before you go and spend money though, I would suggest backing up all of
your data, format the hard drive, install Windows again, and install
your programs again. Now try writing a CD and see if that fixes the
problem. I have had this problem before and this fixed it for me. I
have installed XP over a thousand times on different computers and in
different methods. I have yet to have this happen where it was actually
a faulty drive.

----
Nathan McNulty