P4P800-E Deluxe Problems

hey there people i was wondering if you could solve a problem

my problem is that on random occasions my speakers start screaming
"System Failed CPU Test"

i have read that other people have had this problem, but their
computer doesnt work while it happens.. but mine is working fine, it
doesnt crash at all and i get no problems..

oh im running a p4 3ghz prescott... do you think it could be that i
dont have enough power? oh look it stoped chattering

could anyone spare me some thoughts

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ASUS-P4P800-Deluxe-Problems-ftopict50639.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=245239

My P4G8X does this from day 1 about 30% of boots.

What asus told me was to disconnect the monitor and boot and once in windows
reconnect it and reboot. They reckon that it is due in cases where the cpu
is ok to leakage back down the monitor cable.

It seems to improve the frequency of my warnings but it comes back.

Searching the www.abxzone.com forums finds a lot of this issue.
Peace

"Peacekeeper" wrote:
>My P4G8X does this from day 1 about 30% of boots.
>
>What asus told me was to disconnect the monitor and boot and once in
>windows
>reconnect it and reboot. They reckon that it is due in cases where
the
>cpu
>is ok to leakage back down the monitor cable.
>
>It seems to improve the frequency of my warnings but it comes back.
>
>Searching the www.abxzone.com forums finds a lot of this issue.
>Peace

hmm interesting... crazy but interesting
do you have an oldish monitor? i have had mine for maybe +5 years and
i didnt bother upgrading it when i built the new comp

what else is weird is... i can sometimes make it stop when i put in a
dvd and keep on turning it on and off or when i play wc3 i keep on
going thought the menu’s

maybe i shouldnt use the built in sound card and buy one...