I've just recently installed XP and I tried to rip a CD from my DVD drive,
and the program came up with a problem specifying I cannot get digital audio
from the device. But I've been able to rip digitally from the drive in WIN 98
with no problems, and the DVD is only recently purchased. So checking the
device manager it says I have a SCSI DVD drive, and I know its only EIDE, so
what gives? Also trying to update the drives with IDE says I have to remove
the WIN XP SCSI drivers from the setup menu, but I can't find where thats
meant to be, so any help would be great

I am not sure what you are talking about in the latter part of the post,
but here are a couple of suggestions. First, what program are you
using? I recommend CDex for ripping CD's to MP3 (and it's free).
Second, have you tried removing the "SCSI" DVD Drive from Device Manager
and reboot. See if that helps by allowing Windows to reinstall the
correct drivers. Finally, make sure the CD you are trying to copy is
not copyright protected and may be preventing you from copying it. If
it is, you will need a method of getting past that (which CDex can do).

----
Nathan McNulty