Install wizard

I understand this is not too uncommon with XP:
After installing a new Canon printer, my install wizard went nuts. It keeps
popping up for both my printers now. I have to wait for it to look for
files, then it errors, then it goes away. The message is:
....a line was not found in the inf.

With any USB device, you should always load the software first, and NOT
CONNECT the device until prompted so to do..

"aSussertown" <DROPsussertown@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> I understand this is not too uncommon with XP:
> After installing a new Canon printer, my install wizard went nuts. It
keeps
> popping up for both my printers now. I have to wait for it to look for
> files, then it errors, then it goes away. The message is:
> ...a line was not found in the inf.

Here is what I would do. Uninstall any software/drivers you currently
have for the printer. Turn off the computer and disconnect the printer.
Now turn on the computer, install the latest drivers for your printer.
Turn off the computer, hook the printer back up, then turn the
computer back on. Now it should find the printer and everythign should
work. If the wizard continues to pop up, check out this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298370

----
Nathan McNulty

Mike H wrote:
> With any USB device, you should always load the software first, and NOT
> CONNECT the device until prompted so to do..
>

> "aSussertown" <DROPsussertown@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>
>>I understand this is not too uncommon with XP:
>>After installing a new Canon printer, my install wizard went nuts. It
>
> keeps
>
>>popping up for both my printers now. I have to wait for it to look for
>>files, then it errors, then it goes away. The message is:
>>...a line was not found in the inf.

Thank you. This looks very good. I decided prior to receiving this, I had
enough of the issue and reinstalled my operating system. I'll remember to
look this up next time it comes up.