Writing DVD's using a CD Re-writer

Andy

Hi,

Is it possible to write a DVD using a CD rewriter so that
you can play the DVD on a normal DVD player?

Andy if so, how does one go about this?

Thanks

Andy

No, you need a DVD-RW drive and the appropriate DVD recording
software program, such as Nero 6.0.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Andy" <andybale64@hotmail.com> wrote:

| Hi,
|
| Is it possible to write a DVD using a CD rewriter so that
| you can play the DVD on a normal DVD player?
|
| Andy if so, how does one go about this?
|
| Thanks
|
| Andy

Carey is 100% correct. However, you can write VCD's and SVCD's with a
cd-r/rw that can be played back on your home DVD player (if capable).

1. Find out what the capabilities of your DVD player are (ie manuf website)
to see if they play either formats. While your at it check out if it will
play DVD+R/RW and DVD-R/RW's as well in case you decide to go the DVD burner
route as Carey suggested.

2. Find out if your cd-r/rw is capable of writing VCD or SVCD's

3. If so check out software such as Pinnacle, Nero, Roxio etc.

FYI - VCD's are near VHS quality (I believe) and SVCD's are near DVD quality.

Do Google searches for more info.

Check out your DVD player capablilities for DVD+R/RW here:
http://www.dvdplusrw.org/Search.asp?mid=0&sid=2&Query=All&Page=1

r.