Problem installing firewire card

Hi,

I have been trying to install a combo Firewire/USB 2.0 PCI card with out
any success !!! After i insert the PCI card in an available PCI slot and
restart my machine, it hangs after showing "New hardware found" msg in
taskbar. When i reboot the system again after removing the card, sytems
goes back to normal. I have tried 3 PCI slots (one as already in use by my
modem card) and it does not make any difference. I understand that Windows
XP has built-in support for firewire/USB cards but it seems windows is not
able to install drivers properly .. I have installed card manufacturere USB
drivers as well.

My system info:
- Intel Pentium 4, 1.60 GHz
- 256 MB Ram
- Windows XP Service Pack 1

Firewire/USB card: IOGear GUF320
1 answer Last reply
More about problem installing firewire card

    Explain your problem, they are sure to oblige. Or else they must give you
    your money back.

    "jwalker" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have been trying to install a combo Firewire/USB 2.0 PCI card with out
    > any success !!! After i insert the PCI card in an available PCI slot and
    > restart my machine, it hangs after showing "New hardware found" msg in
    > taskbar. When i reboot the system again after removing the card, sytems
    > goes back to normal. I have tried 3 PCI slots (one as already in use by my
    > modem card) and it does not make any difference. I understand that Windows
    > XP has built-in support for firewire/USB cards but it seems windows is not
    > able to install drivers properly .. I have installed card manufacturere USB
    > drivers as well.
    >
    > My system info:
    > - Intel Pentium 4, 1.60 GHz
    > - 256 MB Ram