Acnnot "wake up" from keyboard - P4C800-E Deluxe

moimeme

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2005

Hi,

don't know if BIOS problem or XP problem.

Asus P4C800-E Deluxe Mobo
Have enabled in BIOS the boot on keyboard feature ( just as boot from LAN /
modem) or "awake" if you prefer. Mobo allows it ( suppose so, since BIOS
option and is cited in manual)

However if I shutdown, nothing happens when I hit the keyboard.

Is there something I need to do elsewhere ?

TIA !

Paul

Splendid

In article <423b0bc4$0$20676$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be>, "MoiMeme"
<moimeme@be.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> don't know if BIOS problem or XP problem.
>
> Asus P4C800-E Deluxe Mobo
> Have enabled in BIOS the boot on keyboard feature ( just as boot from LAN /
> modem) or "awake" if you prefer. Mobo allows it ( suppose so, since BIOS
> option and is cited in manual)
>
> However if I shutdown, nothing happens when I hit the keyboard.
>
> Is there something I need to do elsewhere ?
>
> TIA !

PS/2 keyboard ? Set KBPWR header to +5VSB.

USB keyboard ? Set USBPWxx header to +5VSB. Where xx is the
port number that the USB keyboard is connected to.

See the "jumper" section of your user manual.

HTH,
Paul

moimeme

Distinguished