Adaptec 1200A ATA RAID Card and File Corruption

August 15, 2004 7:45:36 PM

I am asking this question to the community because I was
unable to find an answer on Adaptec's web-site. A couple
weeks ago, I installed a new pc, running xp pro, 1GB Ram,
my main hard drive is a 80GB Western Digital Caviar with
8MB cache, I have a second hard drive that is a 40GB WD,
not doing anything yet, it's idle. I have an ADAPTEC
1200A Raid card with 2 WD 80GB JB 8MB hard drives
attached. One is attached to channel a and the other is
attached to channel B. I have the raid device set up a
drive which is labeled as "G" Anyway, yesterday, I tried
opening a few files and noticed that they cannot open, I
get a message indicating that the files and directory
structure is corrupted and to run chkdsk. I go to
hardware manager, etc. and I am not able to run chdksk on
the raid device.....any ideas as to how to solve this
corruption problem? and how to run chkdsk or equivalent on
a raid array?

thanks in advance.
Anonymous
August 16, 2004 1:21:04 AM

Have you tried to sync the array?

"Brad" <rbraitz@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I am asking this question to the community because I was
> unable to find an answer on Adaptec's web-site. A couple
> weeks ago, I installed a new pc, running xp pro, 1GB Ram,
> my main hard drive is a 80GB Western Digital Caviar with
> 8MB cache, I have a second hard drive that is a 40GB WD,
> not doing anything yet, it's idle. I have an ADAPTEC
> 1200A Raid card with 2 WD 80GB JB 8MB hard drives
> attached. One is attached to channel a and the other is
> attached to channel B. I have the raid device set up a
> drive which is labeled as "G" Anyway, yesterday, I tried
> opening a few files and noticed that they cannot open, I
> get a message indicating that the files and directory
> structure is corrupted and to run chkdsk. I go to
> hardware manager, etc. and I am not able to run chdksk on
> the raid device.....any ideas as to how to solve this
> corruption problem? and how to run chkdsk or equivalent on
> a raid array?
>
> thanks in advance.
August 16, 2004 1:21:05 AM

Thank you for your suggestion, I went to the Adaptec site
again and didn't find anything on synching the arrays.
When I installed the RAID card, I followed the
instructions for creating the array, and then after I
installed XP PRO on the bootable hard drive, I went and
then formatted the G Drive (arrayed) in the NTFS format.

brad

!