Adaptec 1200A ATA RAID Card and File Corruption

I am asking this question to the community because I was
unable to find an answer on Adaptec's web-site. A couple
weeks ago, I installed a new pc, running xp pro, 1GB Ram,
my main hard drive is a 80GB Western Digital Caviar with
8MB cache, I have a second hard drive that is a 40GB WD,
not doing anything yet, it's idle. I have an ADAPTEC
1200A Raid card with 2 WD 80GB JB 8MB hard drives
attached. One is attached to channel a and the other is
attached to channel B. I have the raid device set up a
drive which is labeled as "G" Anyway, yesterday, I tried
opening a few files and noticed that they cannot open, I
get a message indicating that the files and directory
structure is corrupted and to run chkdsk. I go to
hardware manager, etc. and I am not able to run chdksk on
the raid device.....any ideas as to how to solve this
corruption problem? and how to run chkdsk or equivalent on
a raid array?

thanks in advance.
2 answers Last reply
More about adaptec 1200a raid card file corruption

    Have you tried to sync the array?

    "Brad" <rbraitz@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I am asking this question to the community because I was
    > unable to find an answer on Adaptec's web-site. A couple
    > weeks ago, I installed a new pc, running xp pro, 1GB Ram,
    > my main hard drive is a 80GB Western Digital Caviar with
    > 8MB cache, I have a second hard drive that is a 40GB WD,
    > not doing anything yet, it's idle. I have an ADAPTEC
    > 1200A Raid card with 2 WD 80GB JB 8MB hard drives
    > attached. One is attached to channel a and the other is
    > attached to channel B. I have the raid device set up a
    > drive which is labeled as "G" Anyway, yesterday, I tried
    > opening a few files and noticed that they cannot open, I
    > get a message indicating that the files and directory
    > structure is corrupted and to run chkdsk. I go to
    > hardware manager, etc. and I am not able to run chdksk on
    > the raid device.....any ideas as to how to solve this
    > corruption problem? and how to run chkdsk or equivalent on
    > a raid array?
    >
    > thanks in advance.

    Thank you for your suggestion, I went to the Adaptec site
    again and didn't find anything on synching the arrays.
    When I installed the RAID card, I followed the
    instructions for creating the array, and then after I
    installed XP PRO on the bootable hard drive, I went and
    then formatted the G Drive (arrayed) in the NTFS format.

    brad

NAS / RAID Adaptec Western Digital Windows XP