PCI Slots lost

Hello !

I have an ASROCK P4I45D. Excuse me to be in the ASUS group, but ASROCK
belongs to the ASUS family (the cheap relative) anyway.
It worked fine since 2 years using a P4 Northwood 2,4/533.
Now i had to change the CPU to a Celeron 2,0/400.
And now it does not any PCI card in any slot.
It also does not recognize the onboard LAN und USB 2.0 devices.
Both IDE, onboard sound and USB 1.1 are working fine.
I did already a cmos clear. (no result)

Any ideas ???

Hackworth

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2004

"Gottfried Dominici" <xyz@gmx.at> wrote in message
> Hello !
>
> I have an ASROCK P4I45D. Excuse me to be in the ASUS group, but ASROCK
> belongs to the ASUS family (the cheap relative) anyway.
> It worked fine since 2 years using a P4 Northwood 2,4/533.
> Now i had to change the CPU to a Celeron 2,0/400.
> And now it does not any PCI card in any slot.
> It also does not recognize the onboard LAN und USB 2.0 devices.
> Both IDE, onboard sound and USB 1.1 are working fine.
> I did already a cmos clear. (no result)
>
> Any ideas ???

It sounds as though you zapped something when you installed the Celeron. A
CPU swap by itself has nothing to do with the symptoms you describe.
Fortunately, you can get a replacement board fairly inexpensively. Your
P4I45D doesn't appear to be readily available, but you may have good luck
finding a P4I45GV. Here are two sources in the states:

http://www.partspc.com/store/product1826.html

http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?p=MB-P4I45GV&c=pw

TRENDING THREADS