Req: source for good bulk cyan ink (BCI-3eC) for Canon i850

I'm looking for a source of bulk cyan ink for my Canon i850 (BCI-3eC).
I have purchased bulk ink from Atlantic Inkjet and the black, yellow,
and magenta seem ok, but the cyan repeatedly clogs the printhead.
Anybody had good success with bulk cyan ink for this printer from
another source?
5 answers Last reply
More about source good bulk cyan canon i850

    On Thu, 20 May 2004 22:19:52 GMT, electron@theorbital.com wrote:

    >I'm looking for a source of bulk cyan ink for my Canon i850 (BCI-3eC).
    >I have purchased bulk ink from Atlantic Inkjet and the black, yellow,
    >and magenta seem ok, but the cyan repeatedly clogs the printhead.
    >Anybody had good success with bulk cyan ink for this printer from
    >another source?

    Ive always used www.alotofthing.com which is also formula labs ink.
    Joe is really helpful. Ive used nothing but his inks in my 850 and 960
    not a bit of trouble with the 850 and his ink. Ive been using it for
    almost one year now. It is the only ink my 850 has seen aside from the
    original canon that came with it.

    Ive refilled roughly 6 times on the color and 8 or 9 on the black. My
    960 I just received but I do have new blanks purchased from
    inkjetgoodies already filled with joes ink awaiting install. My PM is
    nearly half way. I will replace that before it hits 1/4 full.

    I've been using Sensient-Formulabs for over two years in a couple of s820's
    and an i950 and have experienced zero problems. As beezer said, it is
    excellent ink. The only Formulabs source that's readily identifiable on the
    net is www.alotofthings.com. I highly recommend them. As stated, Joe is one
    of the most knowledgeable and helpful sources of inkjet information. The web
    site for Sensient-Formulabs www.formulabs.com is highly interesting and
    informative. Users will quickly see that this is high quality ink produced
    by a major force in the industry.
    --
    Ron Cohen

    "beezer" <beezer@rezeeb.moc> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 20 May 2004 22:19:52 GMT, electron@theorbital.com wrote:
    >
    > >I'm looking for a source of bulk cyan ink for my Canon i850 (BCI-3eC).
    > >I have purchased bulk ink from Atlantic Inkjet and the black, yellow,
    > >and magenta seem ok, but the cyan repeatedly clogs the printhead.
    > >Anybody had good success with bulk cyan ink for this printer from
    > >another source?
    >

    > Ive always used www.alotofthing.com which is also formula labs ink.
    > Joe is really helpful. Ive used nothing but his inks in my 850 and 960
    > not a bit of trouble with the 850 and his ink. Ive been using it for
    > almost one year now. It is the only ink my 850 has seen aside from the
    > original canon that came with it.
    >
    > Ive refilled roughly 6 times on the color and 8 or 9 on the black. My
    > 960 I just received but I do have new blanks purchased from
    > inkjetgoodies already filled with joes ink awaiting install. My PM is
    > nearly half way. I will replace that before it hits 1/4 full.

    ---
    AVG reports Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

    On Fri, 21 May 2004 09:02:25 GMT, "Ron Cohen"
    <drc023@N^O+S~P^A^M.sbcglobal.net> wrote:

    >I've been using Sensient-Formulabs for over two years in a couple of s820's
    >and an i950 and have experienced zero problems. As beezer said, it is
    >excellent ink. The only Formulabs source that's readily identifiable on the
    >net is www.alotofthings.com. I highly recommend them. As stated, Joe is one
    >of the most knowledgeable and helpful sources of inkjet information. The web
    >site for Sensient-Formulabs www.formulabs.com is highly interesting and
    >informative. Users will quickly see that this is high quality ink produced
    >by a major force in the industry.
    Thanks for the info. I'll try him.

    On Thu, 20 May 2004 23:29:15 -0400, beezer <beezer@rezeeb.moc> wrote:

    >On Thu, 20 May 2004 22:19:52 GMT, electron@theorbital.com wrote:
    >
    >>I'm looking for a source of bulk cyan ink for my Canon i850 (BCI-3eC).
    >>I have purchased bulk ink from Atlantic Inkjet and the black, yellow,
    >>and magenta seem ok, but the cyan repeatedly clogs the printhead.
    >>Anybody had good success with bulk cyan ink for this printer from
    >>another source?
    >

    >Ive always used www.alotofthing.com which is also formula labs ink.
    >Joe is really helpful. Ive used nothing but his inks in my 850 and 960
    >not a bit of trouble with the 850 and his ink. Ive been using it for
    >almost one year now. It is the only ink my 850 has seen aside from the
    >original canon that came with it.
    >
    >Ive refilled roughly 6 times on the color and 8 or 9 on the black. My
    >960 I just received but I do have new blanks purchased from
    >inkjetgoodies already filled with joes ink awaiting install. My PM is
    >nearly half way. I will replace that before it hits 1/4 full.

    Thanks. I'll give him a try.

    On Sat, 22 May 2004 04:35:11 GMT, electron@theorbital.com wrote:

    >Thanks. I'll give him a try.

    You wont regret it. Aside from being the best ink and supplier, Joe
    also has the best prices.

    You may want to consider fresh blanks from inkjetgoodies.com as well.
    They are made to refill and have clip on exit port caps and refill
    holes that plug easily with the supplied soft rubber plug.

Printers Canon Peripherals