Req: source for good bulk cyan ink (BCI-3eC) for Canon i850

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
May 21, 2004 2:19:52 AM

I'm looking for a source of bulk cyan ink for my Canon i850 (BCI-3eC).
I have purchased bulk ink from Atlantic Inkjet and the black, yellow,
and magenta seem ok, but the cyan repeatedly clogs the printhead.
Anybody had good success with bulk cyan ink for this printer from
another source?
Anonymous
May 21, 2004 3:29:15 AM

On Thu, 20 May 2004 22:19:52 GMT, electron@theorbital.com wrote:

>I'm looking for a source of bulk cyan ink for my Canon i850 (BCI-3eC).
>I have purchased bulk ink from Atlantic Inkjet and the black, yellow,
>and magenta seem ok, but the cyan repeatedly clogs the printhead.
>Anybody had good success with bulk cyan ink for this printer from
>another source?

Ive always used www.alotofthing.com which is also formula labs ink.
Joe is really helpful. Ive used nothing but his inks in my 850 and 960
not a bit of trouble with the 850 and his ink. Ive been using it for
almost one year now. It is the only ink my 850 has seen aside from the
original canon that came with it.

Ive refilled roughly 6 times on the color and 8 or 9 on the black. My
960 I just received but I do have new blanks purchased from
inkjetgoodies already filled with joes ink awaiting install. My PM is
nearly half way. I will replace that before it hits 1/4 full.
Anonymous
May 21, 2004 1:02:25 PM

I've been using Sensient-Formulabs for over two years in a couple of s820's
and an i950 and have experienced zero problems. As beezer said, it is
excellent ink. The only Formulabs source that's readily identifiable on the
net is www.alotofthings.com. I highly recommend them. As stated, Joe is one
of the most knowledgeable and helpful sources of inkjet information. The web
site for Sensient-Formulabs www.formulabs.com is highly interesting and
informative. Users will quickly see that this is high quality ink produced
by a major force in the industry.
--
Ron Cohen

"beezer" <beezer@rezeeb.moc> wrote in message
> On Thu, 20 May 2004 22:19:52 GMT, electron@theorbital.com wrote:
>
> >I'm looking for a source of bulk cyan ink for my Canon i850 (BCI-3eC).
> >I have purchased bulk ink from Atlantic Inkjet and the black, yellow,
> >and magenta seem ok, but the cyan repeatedly clogs the printhead.
> >Anybody had good success with bulk cyan ink for this printer from
> >another source?
>

> Ive always used www.alotofthing.com which is also formula labs ink.
> Joe is really helpful. Ive used nothing but his inks in my 850 and 960
> not a bit of trouble with the 850 and his ink. Ive been using it for
> almost one year now. It is the only ink my 850 has seen aside from the
> original canon that came with it.
>
> Ive refilled roughly 6 times on the color and 8 or 9 on the black. My
> 960 I just received but I do have new blanks purchased from
> inkjetgoodies already filled with joes ink awaiting install. My PM is
> nearly half way. I will replace that before it hits 1/4 full.

---
AVG reports Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
May 22, 2004 8:34:05 AM

On Fri, 21 May 2004 09:02:25 GMT, "Ron Cohen"
<drc023@N^O+S~P^A^M.sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>I've been using Sensient-Formulabs for over two years in a couple of s820's
>and an i950 and have experienced zero problems. As beezer said, it is
>excellent ink. The only Formulabs source that's readily identifiable on the
>net is www.alotofthings.com. I highly recommend them. As stated, Joe is one
>of the most knowledgeable and helpful sources of inkjet information. The web
>site for Sensient-Formulabs www.formulabs.com is highly interesting and
>informative. Users will quickly see that this is high quality ink produced
>by a major force in the industry.
Thanks for the info. I'll try him.
May 22, 2004 8:35:11 AM

On Thu, 20 May 2004 23:29:15 -0400, beezer <beezer@rezeeb.moc> wrote:

>On Thu, 20 May 2004 22:19:52 GMT, electron@theorbital.com wrote:
>
>>I'm looking for a source of bulk cyan ink for my Canon i850 (BCI-3eC).
>>I have purchased bulk ink from Atlantic Inkjet and the black, yellow,
>>and magenta seem ok, but the cyan repeatedly clogs the printhead.
>>Anybody had good success with bulk cyan ink for this printer from
>>another source?
>

>Ive always used www.alotofthing.com which is also formula labs ink.
>Joe is really helpful. Ive used nothing but his inks in my 850 and 960
>not a bit of trouble with the 850 and his ink. Ive been using it for
>almost one year now. It is the only ink my 850 has seen aside from the
>original canon that came with it.
>
>Ive refilled roughly 6 times on the color and 8 or 9 on the black. My
>960 I just received but I do have new blanks purchased from
>inkjetgoodies already filled with joes ink awaiting install. My PM is
>nearly half way. I will replace that before it hits 1/4 full.

Thanks. I'll give him a try.
Anonymous
May 22, 2004 11:03:59 AM

On Sat, 22 May 2004 04:35:11 GMT, electron@theorbital.com wrote:

>Thanks. I'll give him a try.

You wont regret it. Aside from being the best ink and supplier, Joe
also has the best prices.

You may want to consider fresh blanks from inkjetgoodies.com as well.
They are made to refill and have clip on exit port caps and refill
holes that plug easily with the supplied soft rubber plug.
!