Stall at User Logon Welcome Screen in XP

I just purchased a 200GB hard drive for my AMD XP 3000+.
After finally getting Windows XP to recognize its proper
size, I used Western Digital's Data Lifeguard to clone my
old 80GB hard drive to the new 200GB.

The copy took a LONG time, but everything copied fine, I
was able to check from my old hard drive. I disconnected
the old hard drive, reconnected my Zip drive (Slave), set
the new drive as Master.

The new drive booted up fine, the BIOS showed all drives
properly, and I got through the Windows XP screen with
the blue "pills" loading. However, when I reach the
light blue screen, the Welcome screen where you would
normally select your user name to log in, the process
stops. It is not frozen or locked up, but I have no user
names to click on to continue. Just a small Windows XP
logo in the center (the one that usually shifts to the
left when the names appear). Note: I do not normally use
the logon screen, it is set to log into my name by
default and go right to the desktop.

Why has the process stopeed here? A User data probelem
perhaps?
1 answer Last reply
More about stall user logon screen

    On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 06:31:15 -0700, "Joshua Moyer"

    >I just purchased a 200GB hard drive for my AMD XP 3000+.
    >After finally getting Windows XP to recognize its proper
    >size, I used Western Digital's Data Lifeguard to clone my
    >old 80GB hard drive to the new 200GB.
    >
    >The copy took a LONG time, but everything copied fine, I
    >was able to check from my old hard drive. I disconnected
    >the old hard drive, reconnected my Zip drive (Slave), set
    >the new drive as Master.
    >
    >The new drive booted up fine, the BIOS showed all drives
    >properly, and I got through the Windows XP screen with
    >the blue "pills" loading. However, when I reach the
    >light blue screen, the Welcome screen where you would
    >normally select your user name to log in, the process
    >stops. It is not frozen or locked up, but I have no user
    >names to click on to continue. Just a small Windows XP
    >logo in the center (the one that usually shifts to the
    >left when the names appear). Note: I do not normally use
    >the logon screen, it is set to log into my name by
    >default and go right to the desktop.
    >
    >Why has the process stopeed here? A User data probelem
    >perhaps?

    Try it with the zip drive disconnected.

    --
    Michael Cecil