add hardware wizard

I have added a V-Gear TV card to my system and want to
load the drivers from the v-gear cd. But after restart
windows automatically adds some 'LifeView FlyTV' driver
w/o poping up the usual window for me to decide form
where to install the driver. Have tried several times
the 'update driver' method but every time the same
procedure. How can I disable this and get back to the
usual method ?
3 answers Last reply
More about hardware wizard

    just let the computer do what is has to do it should work

    unfortunately it doesn't. My v-gear card does not work
    with the LifeView Fly TV drivers. How can I remove those
    drivers from my computer so that at my next attempt I can
    install from the CD ?

    You can uninstall the device from Device Manager (Click Start-Run-Type
    devmgmt.msc and click OK). You can also try updating the existing
    drivers from within Device Manager to the ones on the CD ROM. You can
    force it to use "older/less reliable" drivers. I use quotes because
    Windows doesn't know what drivers are better, it just knows the dates of
    the drivers and if they are WHQL Certified ;)

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    > unfortunately it doesn't. My v-gear card does not work
    > with the LifeView Fly TV drivers. How can I remove those
    > drivers from my computer so that at my next attempt I can
    > install from the CD ?

Hardware Microsoft Windows XP