windows 98 does not recognise mouse .

I have a parallel mouse, a USB mouse and a Comms mouse
port.
No Matter which I use, the software does not recognise
the mouse!!!
i.e'No mouse attached'

Better to ask this in a Windows 98 hardware group than an XP one.

Have you tried the mice in other PCs to make sure they have not failed?
--
Cari ((MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
www.coribright.com

"Jeff Richards" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a parallel mouse, a USB mouse and a Comms mouse
> port.
> No Matter which I use, the software does not recognise
> the mouse!!!
> i.e'No mouse attached'

This is where an upgrade to XP is recommended :p

Anyways, make sure the COM Ports are set up correctly for the Parallel
Mouse (DB9?). Also, make sure the USB drivers are properly installed.

----
Nathan McNulty