Asus P4P800e deluxe Won't Boot Please Help

I have an Asus P4P800e deluxe with a 3.0ghz intel hyper threading CPU.
My computer has been working for months. I have a mouse, printer, and
card reader plugged into the usb ports. I plugged in a usb data cable
for a cell phone and began to down load ringtones. Everything was fine
the first night. THe next day I attempted the samething and my
computer froze. I went to reboot and it did nothing but say "system
failure, cpu test". I swapped the CPU into a friends computer and it
worked fine. Does anyone have any suggestions?
2 answers Last reply
More about asus p4p800e deluxe boot help

    Have you unplugged the usb device?

    If yes try resetting cmos with the jumper or take the battery out or both!

    "dwg" <dwg3333@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > I have an Asus P4P800e deluxe with a 3.0ghz intel hyper threading CPU.
    > My computer has been working for months. I have a mouse, printer, and
    > card reader plugged into the usb ports. I plugged in a usb data cable
    > for a cell phone and began to down load ringtones. Everything was fine
    > the first night. THe next day I attempted the samething and my
    > computer froze. I went to reboot and it did nothing but say "system
    > failure, cpu test". I swapped the CPU into a friends computer and it
    > worked fine. Does anyone have any suggestions?

    "dwg" <dwg3333@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have an Asus P4P800e deluxe with a 3.0ghz intel hyper threading CPU.
    > My computer has been working for months. I have a mouse, printer, and
    > card reader plugged into the usb ports. I plugged in a usb data cable
    > for a cell phone and began to down load ringtones. Everything was fine
    > the first night. THe next day I attempted the samething and my
    > computer froze. I went to reboot and it did nothing but say "system
    > failure, cpu test". I swapped the CPU into a friends computer and it
    > worked fine. Does anyone have any suggestions?

    Try changing the Video card, I had the same problem and it was the Video
    card that was bad.

    regards
    Freddie

Asus Computer CPUs Motherboards