Installing Belkin PCI 802.11b Wireless Network Card

Hello all,

Purchased a Wireless Belkin Router and PCI Card Kit. Got
the router up and running with my main computer and cable
modem.

Trying to load the configuration software on my second
(wireless) computer. I get an error code 1628 when I try
to load the software which is required to then install
the card.

Called Belkin and they say this is an MS WinXP problem
that can be solved by looking at Google.

TRied that but can only determine the error is caused by
what is referred to as an invalid or unknon table was
specified.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

PCC

It actually sounds more like Belkin's software. Here is what I would do
if I were you. Have Windows search the CD ROM for the drivers. You may
need to extract files on the CD ROM if you know how to do this. Look
around for .cab files or .zip files and decompress them to a folder on
your desktop. Now open Device Manager (Click Start-Run-Type devmgmt.msc
and click OK). Now double click on the Belkin Device that doesn't have
the drivers installed and point it to the drivers you on the CD or have
extracted. Now use Windows to configure the wireless card. You can
also check Belkin's website for updated software and that may help too ;)

----
Nathan McNulty