refresh refreshes memory.. withot hurting it?

I have heard that softwares like rambooster,cacheman...etc that is
used to speed the ram often does leads to its destruction... Is it
really that bad ... is it adviced not to use them? .. the refresh
command on the desktop clears up the ram, is it? could exessive use of
it be dangerous to the ram?

Excessive use of RAM will not damage it in anyway. There
is nothing to break, ie, no moving parts.
What Ramboster do is to force windows to unload/push to
swap drive programs that are not being used at the moment
out of the RAM to free up your RAM. For memory hungry
programs, Games, Graphics applications and the likes,
this can increase their performamce.
The downside of course, is that when windows needs the
programs that are not in RAM, (moved to swapdrive) then
it has to load them from HDD which can be sluggish.

Hope this helps.

GTS

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2003

These programs won't damage RAM, but may be damaging to system performance
and stability. A few independent labs have found them to be mostly
useless, often harmful to performance, and that the claims made by some
border on outright fraud.

(The refresh command on the desktop tells Windows to refresh the display by
reloading cached icons, etc. If RAM were "cleared," the computer would
crash completely - think it through.)