Can't see hard drives in My computer

Hey guys and gals,
I have a dell system that I just installed a second HD.
It is a 120gb hd on a IDE controller. The Primary hd is a
40gb on a scsi controller.

On the IDE controller I also have a cd drive player. So
the current configuration is the primary drive is a scsi
hd and on the IDE controller it's a Western Digital 120 hd
set to primary with the cd drive set as the (slave).

In the OS which is XP Professional, I can navigate to it
through explorer and see it in disk management and
everywhere else except MY Computer.

So far, I've updated the Bio, reinstalled the SP's and
MSOFT updates, verified jumper setting and reconfigure the
HD setup in the system itself.

Can any of you my fello IS brothers and sisters give me
some suggestion on fixing this issue?

Thanks,

S. Hare

bar

Go into disk management and partition [if required] and format the new HDD.

You may also need to assign a drive letter and make the partition active.

A reboot will be required, then hey presto!