Zephyr

PC Specs:
Asus A8N-Sli Deluxe
160GB SATA Seagate
2x512MB Corsair ValueSelect DDR
Athlon 64 3200+ 939p
Leadtek 6600GT extreme 128mb

Hi there,

Had my A8N-Sli Deluxe with Seagate Barracude 160GB SATA drive for
about 3 months now .. no reaal dramas except the following:

When i have the settings for Power options as
Turn monitor off : 20 Min
turn off Hard disks: 20min
Standby : 20 min

I get problems where the monitor will turn on, but the pc is frozen
and nothing will work... so i have to restart the machine from the
button.

I'm guessing its the SATA drive because its not turning back on after
they turn off after 20 min.. so ill try keeping that off n just try
standby.

Another thing, Sometimes when i turn my PC on it doesnt make the BEEP
noise and continue loading, it just sits there, monitor stays off.. so
i have to press RESET button and then it will work .. any help?

One last thing, Sometimes when i get into windows after a boot, The
USB microsoft mouse i have doesnt get recognised and its frozen , i
have to pull it out and put it back in for it to work.. any help?

Cheers people,

Matt.

Zephyr, I sent you a personal msg, but it looks like you did not receive it
..
I was telling you it seems I have a similar problem (see
http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=383746 ).
The difference I have with your config is my third drive (the non raid one)
which is causing problem, it seems you have only one. BTW, with only one
drive system, this drive should never stop spinning. Do you hear it stopping
?
xian.
"zephyr" <x3phyr@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
35e773d.0503231619.64f6e268@posting.google.com...
> PC Specs:
> Asus A8N-Sli Deluxe
> 160GB SATA Seagate
> 2x512MB Corsair ValueSelect DDR
> Athlon 64 3200+ 939p
> Leadtek 6600GT extreme 128mb
>
> Hi there,
>
> Had my A8N-Sli Deluxe with Seagate Barracude 160GB SATA drive for
> about 3 months now .. no reaal dramas except the following:
>
> When i have the settings for Power options as
> Turn monitor off : 20 Min
> turn off Hard disks: 20min
> Standby : 20 min
>
> I get problems where the monitor will turn on, but the pc is frozen
> and nothing will work... so i have to restart the machine from the
> button.
>
> I'm guessing its the SATA drive because its not turning back on after
> they turn off after 20 min.. so ill try keeping that off n just try
> standby.
>
> Another thing, Sometimes when i turn my PC on it doesnt make the BEEP
> noise and continue loading, it just sits there, monitor stays off.. so
> i have to press RESET button and then it will work .. any help?
>
> One last thing, Sometimes when i get into windows after a boot, The
> USB microsoft mouse i have doesnt get recognised and its frozen , i
> have to pull it out and put it back in for it to work.. any help?
>
> Cheers people,
>
> Matt.

you have a hardware/driver problem that is not related to windows
standby...your problems at boot are the indication and you need to do
a selective startup or create bootlog file...

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 21:25:29 +0200, "Christian PRIEUR"
<xianp94@yahoo.fr> wrote:

>Zephyr, I sent you a personal msg, but it looks like you did not receive it
>.
>I was telling you it seems I have a similar problem (see
>http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=383746 ).
>The difference I have with your config is my third drive (the non raid one)
>which is causing problem, it seems you have only one. BTW, with only one
>drive system, this drive should never stop spinning. Do you hear it stopping
>?
>xian.
>"zephyr" <x3phyr@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
>35e773d.0503231619.64f6e268@posting.google.com...
>> PC Specs:
>> Asus A8N-Sli Deluxe
>> 160GB SATA Seagate
>> 2x512MB Corsair ValueSelect DDR
>> Athlon 64 3200+ 939p
>> Leadtek 6600GT extreme 128mb
>>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Had my A8N-Sli Deluxe with Seagate Barracude 160GB SATA drive for
>> about 3 months now .. no reaal dramas except the following:
>>
>> When i have the settings for Power options as
>> Turn monitor off : 20 Min
>> turn off Hard disks: 20min
>> Standby : 20 min
>>
>> I get problems where the monitor will turn on, but the pc is frozen
>> and nothing will work... so i have to restart the machine from the
>> button.
>>
>> I'm guessing its the SATA drive because its not turning back on after
>> they turn off after 20 min.. so ill try keeping that off n just try
>> standby.
>>
>> Another thing, Sometimes when i turn my PC on it doesnt make the BEEP
>> noise and continue loading, it just sits there, monitor stays off.. so
>> i have to press RESET button and then it will work .. any help?
>>
>> One last thing, Sometimes when i get into windows after a boot, The
>> USB microsoft mouse i have doesnt get recognised and its frozen , i
>> have to pull it out and put it back in for it to work.. any help?
>>
>> Cheers people,
>>
>> Matt.

Zephyr, it seems there is definitely a problem with sata drives and
stand-by; please do a search here on " googlerandy " and you will find
another occurrence. rgds.