Windows XP and external device recognition

When attempting to connect external devices to a laptop
computer (Compaq), a message saying that the SYMC810.sys
file is corrupt. Having completed a search for this file,
it can only be found in the driver.cab file. Can anyone
give me a solution to this problem.

Cheers

Gordon
1 answer Last reply
More about windows external device recognition

    Easy way is:
    Unistall the device from Device Manager.
    Reboot the computer.
    Reconnect and hopefully it will reinstall and fix the corrupted file.

    "Gordon" wrote:

    > When attempting to connect external devices to a laptop
    > computer (Compaq), a message saying that the SYMC810.sys
    > file is corrupt. Having completed a search for this file,
    > it can only be found in the driver.cab file. Can anyone
    > give me a solution to this problem.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Gordon

Devices Windows XP