6800gt powersupply

My Inno3D 6800GT package included a dedicated adaptor which takes 2
standard power supply inputs and converts it to a square 4 pin plug that
connects to the vgcard.

# My question is should I connect both power supplies to the adaptor or
leave with just one in?

The manual shows a different 4pin socket altogether and Inno3D have yet to
respond.
1 answer Last reply
More about 6800gt powersupply

    In article
    <2ea9ee4304f052184158e88817371fdd@localhost.talkaboutcomputing.com>,
    "DOGSOWAR" <rjggodber@nospam.hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

    > My Inno3D 6800GT package included a dedicated adaptor which takes 2
    > standard power supply inputs and converts it to a square 4 pin plug that
    > connects to the vgcard.
    >
    > # My question is should I connect both power supplies to the adaptor or
    > leave with just one in?
    >
    > The manual shows a different 4pin socket altogether and Inno3D have yet to
    > respond.

    In this picture, it looks like maybe a disk drive connector
    goes to the video card ?

    http://www.levi.cz/image/Inno3dGF6800GT.jpg

    I've looked over the net, and cannot find a picture of the adapter
    you are talking about. Could you provide a URL with a picture
    of the adapter ? Is this just a disk drive "Y" cable, used to make
    two outputs from one input ?

    Perhaps you could describe the way the pins are oriented. A 12V
    connector used to power the processor, is a "2x2". A PCI Express
    video card connector is a "2x3". A disk drive connector is
    a "1x4" and so on. Describe the connectors and whether they seem
    to be male or female.

    Paul

Asus Power Supplies Powersupply Motherboards