Printer drivers

When trying to load a printer driver for my NEC P2200 on
my home computer using the supplied Windows98 software
and/or CD-rom the computer locks when I try and print a
test sheet. Nothing is printed.
NEC website refers to the Microsoft website and the
Microsoft website is useless for navigating arround to
ask the simple question "Where can I get a printer driver
to use on Windows98 for a NEC P2200 printer?"
2 answers Last reply
More about printer drivers

    Hi, Nick.

    Sounds like you are in the wrong newsgroup (Discussion Group). This one, as
    the name says, is for Windows XP. You need one of the many for Windows 98.

    WinXP deals with hardware MUCH differently from Win9x/ME. Therefore, there
    any device driver that works with WinXP almost certainly won't work with
    Win98 - and vice versa.

    The golden rule of Windows hardware is that Microsoft writes Windows;
    hardware makers write the device drivers that enable their products to work
    with Windows. So the ball is clearly in NEC's court.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    "nick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When trying to load a printer driver for my NEC P2200 on
    > my home computer using the supplied Windows98 software
    > and/or CD-rom the computer locks when I try and print a
    > test sheet. Nothing is printed.
    > NEC website refers to the Microsoft website and the
    > Microsoft website is useless for navigating arround to
    > ask the simple question "Where can I get a printer driver
    > to use on Windows98 for a NEC P2200 printer?"

    As you have found out, you CANNOT use Windows9x drivers on an XP system.

    The drivers for the NEC P2200 are INCLUDED in XP, but I'm not sure how much
    your system has been affected by your trying to install the incorrect
    drivers so you must uninstall and reinstall your printer.

    Follow the instructions at my site at:

    After the reboot at Step 5, go into the Control Panel and click on Printers
    & Faxes. On the left hand side of the screen, click on Install Printer
    Wizard.

    Follow the instructions on the screen.
    --
    Cari ((MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
    www.coribright.com

    "nick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When trying to load a printer driver for my NEC P2200 on
    > my home computer using the supplied Windows98 software
    > and/or CD-rom the computer locks when I try and print a
    > test sheet. Nothing is printed.
    > NEC website refers to the Microsoft website and the
    > Microsoft website is useless for navigating arround to
    > ask the simple question "Where can I get a printer driver
    > to use on Windows98 for a NEC P2200 printer?"

Printer Driver Microsoft NEC Windows XP