Sign in with
Your question

HWMonitor keeps crashing on Windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
January 27, 2011 3:37:43 PM

I've had HWMonitor since I had Vista and it always worked on it, but now I'm on Windows 7 and every time I open it, it'll freeze my computer to no end, I have to push the power button to turn it off.
Its not Windows 7 because I did have it working before, the problem started happening after I used nforce and messed around a little overclocking, I can't remember if HWMonitor would have this problem immediately after I uninstalled nforce but it was after that.
Now when I try to install Windows 7 64-bit again (not a clean install) to see if that'll fix it, I keep getting an error message with the error code: 0x8007045D, I guess the CD is ruined (its pretty old) or I need a new DVD drive.
I hope all this information is enough for some one to help me, I don't think this is a hardware issue but just in case, I have a Dell Inspiron 531 with an AMD atlon 64 x2 3800+ and a Poewer Color HD 3850, 4GB RAM (2x1GB sticks that came with the computer) and a 2GB Kingston PC2-5300.
January 27, 2011 4:48:25 PM

Have you tried doing a system restore from before you were using nforce and seeing if the error message pops up?

-- Ryan
Windows Outreach Team
m
l
January 27, 2011 5:23:28 PM

I uninstalled nforce a couple months ago and didn't think of that back then =/ so I can't go back that far, at least as far as I know.
m
l
!