K8N CPU fan won't start after suspend

The CPU fan on my K8N with 3400 Athalon64 does not re-start when
resuming the system from suspend state (XP Pro sp2). Comes up fine from
power-up or re-start. I have bios 1.0.04. I have tried increasing the
'cold' voltage setting for the fan, but does not help.

Has anyone seen this, or have any ideas?

-Jim

CyberBox42 wrote:
> The CPU fan on my K8N with 3400 Athalon64 does not re-start when
> resuming the system from suspend state (XP Pro sp2). Comes up fine
> from power-up or re-start. I have bios 1.0.04. I have tried
> increasing the 'cold' voltage setting for the fan, but does not help.
>
> Has anyone seen this, or have any ideas?
>
> -Jim

This is a fault with the bios, you will need to upgrade the bios, i am using
the beta 1008.005 at the moment with no trouble at all and it cleared the
standby issues i had.
--
Tapioca

If you have nothing to do then do nothing and enjoy it!!

paladin

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2004

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 07:38:47 -0000, "Tapioca" <what@no.way.com> wrote:

>CyberBox42 wrote:
>> The CPU fan on my K8N with 3400 Athalon64 does not re-start when
>> resuming the system from suspend state (XP Pro sp2). Comes up fine
>> from power-up or re-start. I have bios 1.0.04. I have tried
>> increasing the 'cold' voltage setting for the fan, but does not help.
>>
>> Has anyone seen this, or have any ideas?
>>
>> -Jim
>
>This is a fault with the bios, you will need to upgrade the bios, i am using
>the beta 1008.005 at the moment with no trouble at all and it cleared the
>standby issues i had.

The 1008.010 is out.

PALADIN

You mean the 1005.010. Works fine except the Asus probe will not work with
it..

"Paladin" <Paladin@Dodge.City> wrote in message
> On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 07:38:47 -0000, "Tapioca" <what@no.way.com> wrote:
>
>>CyberBox42 wrote:
>>> The CPU fan on my K8N with 3400 Athalon64 does not re-start when
>>> resuming the system from suspend state (XP Pro sp2). Comes up fine
>>> from power-up or re-start. I have bios 1.0.04. I have tried
>>> increasing the 'cold' voltage setting for the fan, but does not help.
>>>
>>> Has anyone seen this, or have any ideas?
>>>
>>> -Jim
>>
>>This is a fault with the bios, you will need to upgrade the bios, i am
>>using
>>the beta 1008.005 at the moment with no trouble at all and it cleared the
>>standby issues i had.
>

> The 1008.010 is out.
>

> PALADIN

Thanks --

I'm going to want to run Asus probe for awhile after upgrade to be sure
all is well...hopefully they'll fix that problem by the time it's
released. How long do the beta-cycles usually run?

_Jim

_MARK_ wrote:
> You mean the 1005.010. Works fine except the Asus probe will not work with
> it..
>
> "Paladin" <Paladin@Dodge.City> wrote in message

>>>This is a fault with the bios, you will need to upgrade the bios, i am
>>>using
>>>the beta 1008.005 at the moment with no trouble at all and it cleared the
>>>standby issues i had.
>>

>>The 1008.010 is out.
>>

>>PALADIN

I just flashed to the new version 1.0.06...and the problem below is
still there... I understood that the Beta 1.0.05 fixed this problem?

-Jim