Re-format my hard drive

Mary

I'm trying to reformat my hard drive. I went into the
Win XP disk manager but it won't let me format the
system/boot drive. I can't find information on creating
a startup disk so I can do an fdisk. I want to wipe the
hard drive clean and start new. It was so easy with
Win'98. Can someone help?

Thanks,
Mary

Hello

Go inot your system Bios on the pc make the cdrom the
primary boot device, Save & Exit, Place win98, win2000
or win xp cdrom in drive reboot, and follow what it says to
do. simple process.

Alvin

Mary wrote:

> I'm trying to reformat my hard drive. I went into the
> Win XP disk manager but it won't let me format the
> system/boot drive. I can't find information on creating
> a startup disk so I can do an fdisk. I want to wipe the
> hard drive clean and start new. It was so easy with
> Win'98. Can someone help?
>
> Thanks,
> Mary

Hi Mary

Why do you need to reformat your hard drive? You may be able to 'Repair'
install XP:

"How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install"

If need be - the following article will show you how to 'Clean' install XP -
you can't do it from within Windows:

"Clean Install Windows XP"

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User