Re-format my hard drive

August 17, 2004 4:07:52 PM

I'm trying to reformat my hard drive. I went into the
Win XP disk manager but it won't let me format the
system/boot drive. I can't find information on creating
a startup disk so I can do an fdisk. I want to wipe the
hard drive clean and start new. It was so easy with
Win'98. Can someone help?

Thanks,
Mary

More about : format hard drive

Anonymous
August 17, 2004 6:16:42 PM

Hello

Go inot your system Bios on the pc make the cdrom the
primary boot device, Save & Exit, Place win98, win2000
or win xp cdrom in drive reboot, and follow what it says to
do. simple process.

Alvin

Mary wrote:

> I'm trying to reformat my hard drive. I went into the
> Win XP disk manager but it won't let me format the
> system/boot drive. I can't find information on creating
> a startup disk so I can do an fdisk. I want to wipe the
> hard drive clean and start new. It was so easy with
> Win'98. Can someone help?
>
> Thanks,
> Mary
Anonymous
August 18, 2004 12:17:32 AM

Hi Mary

Why do you need to reformat your hard drive? You may be able to 'Repair'
install XP:

"How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install"

If need be - the following article will show you how to 'Clean' install XP -
you can't do it from within Windows:

"Clean Install Windows XP"

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User