Re-format my hard drive

I'm trying to reformat my hard drive. I went into the
Win XP disk manager but it won't let me format the
system/boot drive. I can't find information on creating
a startup disk so I can do an fdisk. I want to wipe the
hard drive clean and start new. It was so easy with
Win'98. Can someone help?

Thanks,
Mary
2 answers Last reply
More about format hard drive

    Hello

    Go inot your system Bios on the pc make the cdrom the
    primary boot device, Save & Exit, Place win98, win2000
    or win xp cdrom in drive reboot, and follow what it says to
    do. simple process.

    Alvin

    Mary wrote:

    > I'm trying to reformat my hard drive. I went into the
    > Win XP disk manager but it won't let me format the
    > system/boot drive. I can't find information on creating
    > a startup disk so I can do an fdisk. I want to wipe the
    > hard drive clean and start new. It was so easy with
    > Win'98. Can someone help?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mary

    Hi Mary

    Why do you need to reformat your hard drive? You may be able to 'Repair'
    install XP:

    "How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install"

    If need be - the following article will show you how to 'Clean' install XP -
    you can't do it from within Windows:

    "Clean Install Windows XP"

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

    "Mary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to reformat my hard drive. I went into the
    > Win XP disk manager but it won't let me format the
    > system/boot drive. I can't find information on creating
    > a startup disk so I can do an fdisk. I want to wipe the
    > hard drive clean and start new. It was so easy with
    > Win'98. Can someone help?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mary

Hard Drives Format Windows XP