How To Detect Video Card

How do I find out what video card I am currently using? I
have absolutely no idea.
5 answers Last reply
More about detect video card

    Hello

    Well it would be much better if you listed your pc type or
    model and someone would be better able to help you, be or
    provide more information about your pc. To just that makes
    no real sense, provide and pc type such as IBM, HP, Compaq
    etc.

    Alvin

    XeroeX wrote:

    > How do I find out what video card I am currently using? I
    > have absolutely no idea.

    Hello

    Well it would be much better if you listed your pc type or
    model and someone would be better able to help you, be or
    provide more information about your pc. To just that makes
    no real sense, provide and pc type such as IBM, HP, Compaq
    etc. You can also look up your pc type on the net if you know
    who it's made by, also try reading your pc manual

    Alvin

    XeroeX wrote:

    > How do I find out what video card I am currently using? I
    > have absolutely no idea.

    To find out just about everything about your computer, the
    easiest way is to download and run a system scan program. I
    use both Bel Arc Advisor www.belarc.com and
    EVEREST from www.lavalys.com

    "XeroeX" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:7fee01c48493$21ce1770$a601280a@phx.gbl...
    | How do I find out what video card I am currently using? I
    | have absolutely no idea.

    Right Clcik on your DEskTop and Select Properties >> SETTINGS TAB >>
    ADVANCED >> ADAPTER TAB

    it should say the dsiplay card information you are looking for....

    "XeroeX" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How do I find out what video card I am currently using? I
    > have absolutely no idea.
  5. dxdiag

    The dxdiag utility included with DirectX allows you to not only display all system information but save it in an easy to read text file. To run this utility click Start, run, and type: dxdiag and press enter.

    msinfo32

    Run the Windows System Information (msinfo32) that comes pre-installed with Windows to determine installed hardware and software specifications.

    Device Manager

    Generic hardware information of what Microsoft Windows is detecting can be found through the Device Manager.

    WinAudit
    http://pxserver.com/WinAudit.htm

    Fantastic free and small program and our highest recommended program for detecting and listing the hardware and software in a computer. Below is a listing of what this program is cable of detecting.

    * Operating System and system model type
    * Computer model and serial number
    * Processor speed and primary and secondary cache amount.
    * Type of BIOS, display, peripherals, and other system information.
    * Installed programs.
    * Security information such as open ports, shares, Internet utility versions, network groups and users, etc.
    * Scheduled tasks, error logs, and complete uptime statistics.
    * Installed memory including what size of chips and what bank their installed into.
    * Drives including hard disk drive manufacturer, size, SMART status, network drives, and other disc/diskette drives.

    HWiNFO / HWiNFO32
    http://www.hwinfo.com/

    Another great software tool for getting a comprehensive list of your hardware information that is available as a 14 day trial. In addition to detecting as much and in some cases more than all the programs listed on this page the program is also capable of displaying sensor information used for detecting the temperature of the motherboard, CPU, and any other devices and displaying voltage and fan RPM speeds. Finally, the program also includes a benchmarking comparison that can be used to compare your computer against other hardware.

Hardware Graphics Cards Microsoft Windows XP