ASUS P5AD2-E Premium -- SATA RAID1 Sil Monitor shows REDUCED

I have an ASUS P5AD2-E Premium setup with 4 SATA Hitachi 120gb drives.
I configured them at boot with the SiL configure tool. Drives 0&1 are
mirrored, drives 2&3 are mirrored. I am running Win2003 Server ..

In the SiL manager(SAM), the first set shows as Legacy RG0 with status
of "ONLINE" .. the second shows as Legacy RG1 w/status of "REDUCED" I
can not find anywhere what "REDUCED" means, but I suspect it's not
good. This is going to be a test bed for a DB2 BLOB application w/Lotus
Notes so I need all the perf I can get.

I emailed ASUS tech support but not answer. Anyone else seen this
and have a answer or place too look??

Paul

Splendid

In article <1111787790.831661.198360@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
"Mkc451" <mkc451@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have an ASUS P5AD2-E Premium setup with 4 SATA Hitachi 120gb drives.
> I configured them at boot with the SiL configure tool. Drives 0&1 are
> mirrored, drives 2&3 are mirrored. I am running Win2003 Server ..
>
> In the SiL manager(SAM), the first set shows as Legacy RG0 with status
> of "ONLINE" .. the second shows as Legacy RG1 w/status of "REDUCED" I
> can not find anywhere what "REDUCED" means, but I suspect it's not
> good. This is going to be a test bed for a DB2 BLOB application w/Lotus
> Notes so I need all the perf I can get.
>
> I emailed ASUS tech support but not answer. Anyone else seen this
> and have a answer or place too look??

Page 83 of the Matrix RAID manual, doesn't show a "reduced".
Troubleshooting procedures are on page 86.
This is all I could find.

ftp://download.intel.com/support/chipsets/imst/sb/manual45_oem.pdf

Paul

Windows Update has downloaded to SiL driver updates in the last couple
of days and the problem seems to have resolved itself. Might have been
SilconeManager Sata Controller problem w/the driver. Thanx for the
quick response.