Code 19 can't troubleshooting my cd-rom

sang

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2004

i've tryed installing new cd-rom and dvd drives ect but
the same thing happens all the time it says code 19 error
i did the troub;eshooting but it didn't really help....
the drive is there but it dosen't come up in my computer.
it also comes up in the device manager but i still can't
get it to work, i uninstalled it and then reinstalled it
still nothing...
what else can i try someone help plz

thx Sang...

Hello

Do oyu have the drive jumpered correctly and see link below.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;314060

Alvin

Sang wrote:

> i've tryed installing new cd-rom and dvd drives ect but
> the same thing happens all the time it says code 19 error
> i did the troub;eshooting but it didn't really help....
> the drive is there but it dosen't come up in my computer.
> it also comes up in the device manager but i still can't
> get it to work, i uninstalled it and then reinstalled it
> still nothing...
> what else can i try someone help plz
>
> thx Sang...

Goto http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php#problems
See the second "problem" (read the caveats)
Run the provided registry patch

That should fix your problem (basically, a filter driver is missing or
non-operational, the registry patch will delete the filter drivers
references for your cdrom(s))

Basically, the reg file from above carries out the steps displayed at this
website

CD-ROM Drive or DVD-ROM Drive Missing After You Install Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320553

CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19,
or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Windows XP

(It'll fix code 41 errors too as per the contents of the last kb article)

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"Sang" <r3cogniz3@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> i've tryed installing new cd-rom and dvd drives ect but
> the same thing happens all the time it says code 19 error
> i did the troub;eshooting but it didn't really help....
> the drive is there but it dosen't come up in my computer.
> it also comes up in the device manager but i still can't
> get it to work, i uninstalled it and then reinstalled it
> still nothing...
> what else can i try someone help plz
>
> thx Sang...

sang

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2004

thanks heaps it works fine nows :D:D

us;314060

>(It'll fix code 41 errors too as per the contents of the
last kb article)

>--
>Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP
>
>Find out about the MS MVP Program -
>http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx
>
>"Sang" <r3cogniz3@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> i've tryed installing new cd-rom and dvd drives ect but
>> the same thing happens all the time it says code 19
error
>> i did the troub;eshooting but it didn't really help....
>> the drive is there but it dosen't come up in my
computer.
>> it also comes up in the device manager but i still
can't
>> get it to work, i uninstalled it and then reinstalled
it
>> still nothing...
>> what else can i try someone help plz
>>
>> thx Sang...
>

>.

Glad to hear you got the problem resolved.