P4P800 SE onboard NIC driver issue...

Does anyone know if there are any known problems with the latest drivers
(v7.29.23) for the Marvell Yukon onbard network card on the Asus P4P800 SE
motherboard? After installing the new drivers (on WinXP Pro) I found that
my network connection would drop while transferring large files between my
two computers. The only way to re-obtain an IP was to disable/re-enable the
NIC. When I reverted to the original drivers that shipped with the
motherboard (v6?) the problem does not occur.

TIA,

Greg
4 answers Last reply
More about p4p800 onboard driver issue

    Don't know. I am using 7.29.4.3 drivers with no problems.

    "GO" <aa533@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know if there are any known problems with the latest drivers
    > (v7.29.23) for the Marvell Yukon onbard network card on the Asus P4P800 SE
    > motherboard? After installing the new drivers (on WinXP Pro) I found that
    > my network connection would drop while transferring large files between my
    > two computers. The only way to re-obtain an IP was to disable/re-enable
    > the
    > NIC. When I reverted to the original drivers that shipped with the
    > motherboard (v6?) the problem does not occur.
    >

    > TIA,
    >
    > Greg

    Where did you obtain those drivers? The only ones I've seen listed are v6.x
    and my current drivers. The drivers work fine in every other case though.
    I see no problems while surfing or downloading from the Internet or even
    simple file transfer between my two computers. But as soon as I try a large
    file the connection drops.

    Greg

    > Don't know. I am using 7.29.4.3 drivers with no problems.
    >
    > "GO" <aa533@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote in message
    > > Does anyone know if there are any known problems with the latest drivers
    > > (v7.29.23) for the Marvell Yukon onbard network card on the Asus P4P800
    SE
    > > motherboard? After installing the new drivers (on WinXP Pro) I found
    that
    > > my network connection would drop while transferring large files between
    my
    > > two computers. The only way to re-obtain an IP was to disable/re-enable
    > > the
    > > NIC. When I reverted to the original drivers that shipped with the
    > > motherboard (v6?) the problem does not occur.
    > >

    > > TIA,
    > >
    > > Greg

    Same here since I upgrade my p4p800 e deluxe with a p4 3.4 800 and 2gb
    of ram.
    Don't understand why the yukon does that, it still send frame on the
    network (saw them with a snoop) but do nothing with the answer :(

    It seems that all p4p800 x have network problem, better put a simple
    pci network card inside (my next step)

    Cyril

    Good to see that I'm not the only one with the problem. I've just reverted
    to the old drivers, and haven't seen the problem since.

    "Cyril" <cyrilmtl@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Same here since I upgrade my p4p800 e deluxe with a p4 3.4 800 and 2gb
    > of ram.
    > Don't understand why the yukon does that, it still send frame on the
    > network (saw them with a snoop) but do nothing with the answer :(
    >
    > It seems that all p4p800 x have network problem, better put a simple
    > pci network card inside (my next step)
    >
    > Cyril

Asus Motherboards