i can't write any file to a dvd disc

i got just got my dvd burner today and it can't write on
dvds. when i add a file to the drive and click on "Write
these files to CD" it tell me to Insert a writable disc
to continue

can anyone help

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Just to be sure, you are trying to write to a CD with the DVD burner aren't
you. XP does not have any DVD writing software built-in so if you are trying
to write a DVD then you need 3rd party software.
Otherwise right click on the drive and ensure "Enable CD recording on this
drive" is selected on the "Recording" tab.

hope that helps
Neil