Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

Windows XP and Zone Alarm both detect new network but I
haven't installed a new network device. Yesterday ZA
asked me to name the network (strange IP address)- I
named it "Possible Spy". Later I noticed that it
disappeared from the ZA zones list. Is this some kind of
hacker activity, family members mischief, or Windows XP
glitch?

TIA,

Phil

Phil:
Nope.
Check the documentation in Zone Alarm, or ZA website for
steps to fix this.
-> you have to set the rules for zonealarm to always
trust a new network.
A notification in ZA is not an XP "glitch", if anything,
it is a ZA "glitch",this is extremely common in ZA, if
the rule is not set.

Dave