KINDA SPOILER ALERT - Missing Level (Not MP Level) - Pleas..

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

Okay, finished the game, but I never got the Mombassa level that they showed
on the EXPO before Halo 2 was released.

IT is the one that had MC ride down on the pelican, and given a dual gun,
was shooting up a bunch of grunts and then was chased on the ghost and then
bailed as the freeway door was closing.

Scrapes across the road, gets up and a bunch of Elite's pods crashes down on
the earth, and then get's ready to confront MC.

Where is that level? That never happened, right? Unless I missed it by
playing so fast in the late wee hours of the night while my wife sleeps.

Cheers,
PQ

somebody

"Phyber Quest" <phyberquest@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Okay, finished the game, but I never got the Mombassa level that they
showed
> on the EXPO before Halo 2 was released.
>
> IT is the one that had MC ride down on the pelican, and given a dual gun,
> was shooting up a bunch of grunts and then was chased on the ghost and
then
> bailed as the freeway door was closing.
>
> Scrapes across the road, gets up and a bunch of Elite's pods crashes down
on
> the earth, and then get's ready to confront MC.
>
> Where is that level? That never happened, right? Unless I missed it by
> playing so fast in the late wee hours of the night while my wife sleeps.

It's my favorite level, play it in HaloCE all the time.

-Russ.

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

What is HaloCE?

> It's my favorite level, play it in HaloCE all the time.
>
> -Russ.

Kai

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

Well, If you watch the DVD that comes with the collector edition then you
would know that the level you saw in the E3 demo was just that...a DEMO.
Bungie threw it together to show off the game play, some of the cool new
features. This level was never to fit in the story anywhere and that is why
its not in the game.

"Phyber Quest" <phyberquest@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Okay, finished the game, but I never got the Mombassa level that they
showed
> on the EXPO before Halo 2 was released.
>
> IT is the one that had MC ride down on the pelican, and given a dual gun,
> was shooting up a bunch of grunts and then was chased on the ghost and
then
> bailed as the freeway door was closing.
>
> Scrapes across the road, gets up and a bunch of Elite's pods crashes down
on
> the earth, and then get's ready to confront MC.
>
> Where is that level? That never happened, right? Unless I missed it by
> playing so fast in the late wee hours of the night while my wife sleeps.
>
> Cheers,
> PQ

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

> Okay, finished the game, but I never got the Mombassa level that they
showed
> on the EXPO before Halo 2 was released.
>
> IT is the one that had MC ride down on the pelican, and given a dual gun,
> was shooting up a bunch of grunts and then was chased on the ghost and
then
> bailed as the freeway door was closing.
>
> Scrapes across the road, gets up and a bunch of Elite's pods crashes down
on
> the earth, and then get's ready to confront MC.
>
> Where is that level? That never happened, right? Unless I missed it by
> playing so fast in the late wee hours of the night while my wife sleeps.

It was redesigned. It's now the level Outskirts and Metropolis. Yeah, I wish
they had kept it too. :-(

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Phyber Quest wrote:
> What is HaloCE?
>

>>It's my favorite level, play it in HaloCE all the time.
>>
>>-Russ.

It could mean one of 2 things. Either Halo: Combat Evolved or Custom
Edition.

somebody

> What is HaloCE?
>

> > It's my favorite level, play it in HaloCE all the time.
> >
> > -Russ.

Halo CE is an unauthorized add-on pack for Halo PC. It allows custom levels
and even custom weaponry. It's a free download for HaloPC owners. I have
maybe 120 custom maps on my install here.

Zanzibar and New Mombasa are both popular HaloCE multiplayer levels -- both
were to be part of Halo2. Zanzibar is featured in the TV promos for Halo2,
New Mombasa was featured in various early demos but pulled from the final
version apparently.

-Russ.