CD reading problems / Setup

My new Windows XP software crashes when I attempt to
load new software from a CD onto the system. I had the
same problem On ME. I avoided it by stopping read ahead -
slowing down the reading. Is there a way to do the same
on XP? Is there a reason for this happening?

purple

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

"C.Howard" wrote:

> My new Windows XP software crashes when I attempt to
> load new software from a CD onto the system. I had the
> same problem On ME. I avoided it by stopping read ahead -
> slowing down the reading. Is there a way to do the same
> on XP? Is there a reason for this happening?
> It lets me know i am not the only one with a dvd rw locking up, i keep calling sony up, they replaced the motherboard. It is so agreivating to have to keep turning on the puter and shutting it off. Sometimes it hangs when rebooting too, it will lock up. That is if you have a cd in the drive. The thing does this continously, plus sometimes, even i reinstalled the drivers in the properties, and the thing won't even recognize there is a cd in the drive.

Leah