A8V Deluxe Revisions???

Hello all,

I am know ready to buy the Asus A8V Deluxe. What are the revisions out
there. I'm in northwest us and I order from Newegg.

What were (if any) problems with certain revision numbers?

Thank you

Paul

Splendid

In article <bradnQcOr6VqC9rfRVn-hg@comcast.com>, "Richard K Rabbat"
<richardkr@comcast.net> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am know ready to buy the Asus A8V Deluxe. What are the revisions out
> there. I'm in northwest us and I order from Newegg.
>
> What were (if any) problems with certain revision numbers?
>
> Thank you

There are two major revisions. Revision 1 had a non-working
AGP/PCI lock. (Some people claimed their Revision 1 lock
worked with a certain BIOS, but not all could get it to work.)
Revision 2 fixed it. Revision 1 had a wireless card included
with it. Revision 2 didn't include the wireless card.

If you visit anandtech.com, they mention this in a review of
some 939 boards.

http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2128

http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78221&highlight=a8v+wireless

Paul

>Revision 1 had a wireless card included
> with it. Revision 2 didn't include the wireless card.

There are two versions of bundle: A8V deluxe and A8V deluxe WiFi. Second one
comes with w. card.