Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi Group,

I have the controller on my motherboard turned off in the
bios.

On boot up, the system shows that the Primary and
Secondary channels on my add-in controller card are
reversed from what is actually printed on the card.

Does this matter and if so, how do I correct it.

Thanks !

What controller? IDE? SCSSI? SATA? PATA? AUDIO? WIFE?

Your controller card will probably say:

Channel0 which = 1st channel
Channel1 which = 2nd channel

If this is an IDE controller and your system is booting
fine, then leave it alone.

If there are any REAL problems with the way the software
is performing around your hardware then maybe swapping
the controller cables and adjusting jumper settings would
come into play, but if it's only an asthetic, leave it
alone. (not broke don't poke!)

The computer doesn't read or care what's printed on the card.