(external) microphone boost, audio device help

Tags:
  • Microphone
  • Audio
  • Devices
  • Windows XP
August 18, 2004 11:16:10 AM

Running XP home edition on a Compaq Armada E500
notebook. I'm trying to boost the microphone. In
control/sounds/audio device/volume/sound recording there
is an "advanced" option. It's my understanding that if
you click on "advanced" that you can click on a "mic
boost" option. However, my "advanced" is grayed out.
The external microphone I am using works, but does not
pick up well. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

More about : external microphone boost audio device

Anonymous
August 18, 2004 11:51:50 AM

I entrust that the correct drivers for your audio have
been installed?

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/Armada/us/locat...
3_1006.html#4

This is the link to the Driver u need to install

You may find that there is no Microphone support because
you are using a standard audio driver instead of the one
meant for your machine. Once you have installed the
driver you may have access to the Microphone enhancements.

I don't know if this helps. Keep us informed.

!