DVDRW stops XP from responding

peter

I have trouble reading cd's with my DVD burner. When a cd
is inserted in the drive XP freezes, keyboard an mouse
does not respond no matter how long I wait. This happens
either when I insert a cd first time or when I exchange
cd's when installing programs.
So far I've done the following with no result:
Exchanged the DVD writer,
exchanged the IDE cable,
removed and reinstalled the secondary ide channel (the
DVD writer is master on second channel)

Anyone had the same experience?

I have not had the same experience.

jeff

I have the same problem. If you open eject the disk,
Windows should return to normal. However, there are
additional issues that I have just sent to tech support.
I will post the solution when I ahve one.