MS intellimouse USB

bill

Recently installed in a new PC with current drivers under Win XP SP1, and at
times after a while the mouse would just freeze and I have to reboot the
computer. Any idea what would cause this?

Thanks

Bill

I'm going to guess you're running an Nvida graphics
card. Maybe you're running cursor XP, Or, Maybe, Windows
XP is still a BETA program, and shoudlnt have been
released as a purchasable product to the general public.
Maybe it should be happy w/the old 98se or win2kpro
edition keys, instead of stealing all of last years
(Coolest) shareware and integrating it into there Newest
and Greatest OS, for the low low price of 200 for upgrade
400 new... etc. etc. etc.... Leave it to M$oft to now
have 4 posts concerning There mouse's drivers not working
right. Okay, enuff whining bout windows, gets a bit
aggrivating. try updating your chipset drivers, and
reinstalling your mouse drivers. I know you can get the
latest intellipoint drivers at ms downoads area..
Be lucky :)

bill

Well sorry to disappoint you but the answer is no to all your questions. ATI
card/Win XP home with SP1, no betas, nada zilch, dont touch that stuff. I
have had this excellent mouse for years and never came across this until I
got a new PC. I think MS makes the best mouse out there and I love it...and
I tried just about all of them.
Got all the latest and greatest drivers that came with the system and there
are no updates ...

Some gremlin is messing with it and when I find it the NRA will deal with
it..
LOL

> I'm going to guess you're running an Nvida graphics
> card. Maybe you're running cursor XP, Or, Maybe, Windows
> XP is still a BETA program, and shoudlnt have been
> released as a purchasable product to the general public.
> Maybe it should be happy w/the old 98se or win2kpro
> edition keys, instead of stealing all of last years
> (Coolest) shareware and integrating it into there Newest
> and Greatest OS, for the low low price of 200 for upgrade
> 400 new... etc. etc. etc.... Leave it to M$oft to now
> have 4 posts concerning There mouse's drivers not working
> right. Okay, enuff whining bout windows, gets a bit
> aggrivating. try updating your chipset drivers, and
> reinstalling your mouse drivers. I know you can get the
> latest intellipoint drivers at ms downoads area..
> Be lucky :)

I have to ask. Does the whole computer freeze or just the mouse? Try
pressing the Windows key and see if it brings up the Start Menu next
time. If that doesn't work, then it is your whole computer locking up
and I would check the heat inside your computer. Also,
IntelliType/IntelliPoint Drivers were just released a bit ago, so there
may be newer drivers than what you have. Check in
www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Download.mspx

----
Nathan McNulty

Bill wrote:
> Well sorry to disappoint you but the answer is no to all your questions. ATI
> card/Win XP home with SP1, no betas, nada zilch, dont touch that stuff. I
> have had this excellent mouse for years and never came across this until I
> got a new PC. I think MS makes the best mouse out there and I love it...and
> I tried just about all of them.
> Got all the latest and greatest drivers that came with the system and there
> are no updates ...
>
> Some gremlin is messing with it and when I find it the NRA will deal with
> it..
> LOL
>
> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>>I'm going to guess you're running an Nvida graphics
>>card. Maybe you're running cursor XP, Or, Maybe, Windows
>>XP is still a BETA program, and shoudlnt have been
>>released as a purchasable product to the general public.
>>Maybe it should be happy w/the old 98se or win2kpro
>>edition keys, instead of stealing all of last years
>>(Coolest) shareware and integrating it into there Newest
>>and Greatest OS, for the low low price of 200 for upgrade
>>400 new... etc. etc. etc.... Leave it to M$oft to now
>>have 4 posts concerning There mouse's drivers not working
>>right. Okay, enuff whining bout windows, gets a bit
>>aggrivating. try updating your chipset drivers, and
>>reinstalling your mouse drivers. I know you can get the
>>latest intellipoint drivers at ms downoads area..
>>Be lucky :)

bill

Just the mouse. The keyboard works fine.

Will check those drivers. The one I have is ver 5 intellimouse.

Thanks
Bill

"Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
> I have to ask. Does the whole computer freeze or just the mouse? Try
> pressing the Windows key and see if it brings up the Start Menu next
> time. If that doesn't work, then it is your whole computer locking up
> and I would check the heat inside your computer. Also,
> IntelliType/IntelliPoint Drivers were just released a bit ago, so there
> may be newer drivers than what you have. Check in
> www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Download.mspx
>
> ----
> Nathan McNulty
>

> Bill wrote:
> > Well sorry to disappoint you but the answer is no to all your questions.
ATI
> > card/Win XP home with SP1, no betas, nada zilch, dont touch that stuff.
> > have had this excellent mouse for years and never came across this until
> > got a new PC. I think MS makes the best mouse out there and I love
it...and
> > I tried just about all of them.
> > Got all the latest and greatest drivers that came with the system and
there
> > are no updates ...
> >
> > Some gremlin is messing with it and when I find it the NRA will deal
with
> > it..
> > LOL
> >
> > <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>I'm going to guess you're running an Nvida graphics
> >>card. Maybe you're running cursor XP, Or, Maybe, Windows
> >>XP is still a BETA program, and shoudlnt have been
> >>released as a purchasable product to the general public.
> >>Maybe it should be happy w/the old 98se or win2kpro
> >>edition keys, instead of stealing all of last years
> >>(Coolest) shareware and integrating it into there Newest
> >>and Greatest OS, for the low low price of 200 for upgrade
> >>400 new... etc. etc. etc.... Leave it to M$oft to now
> >>have 4 posts concerning There mouse's drivers not working
> >>right. Okay, enuff whining bout windows, gets a bit
> >>aggrivating. try updating your chipset drivers, and
> >>reinstalling your mouse drivers. I know you can get the
> >>latest intellipoint drivers at ms downoads area..
> >>Be lucky :)

bill

Got the 5.2 and hope it works. What amazes me is how you guys find these
links and when I go to the main MS web site all I can get to is the 5.0
drivers. I dont see any link on the main page like the one you gave me. What
am I missing? :)

Thanks
Bill

"Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
> I have to ask. Does the whole computer freeze or just the mouse? Try
> pressing the Windows key and see if it brings up the Start Menu next
> time. If that doesn't work, then it is your whole computer locking up
> and I would check the heat inside your computer. Also,
> IntelliType/IntelliPoint Drivers were just released a bit ago, so there
> may be newer drivers than what you have. Check in
> www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Download.mspx
>
> ----
> Nathan McNulty
>

> Bill wrote:
> > Well sorry to disappoint you but the answer is no to all your questions.
ATI
> > card/Win XP home with SP1, no betas, nada zilch, dont touch that stuff.
> > have had this excellent mouse for years and never came across this until
> > got a new PC. I think MS makes the best mouse out there and I love
it...and
> > I tried just about all of them.
> > Got all the latest and greatest drivers that came with the system and
there
> > are no updates ...
> >
> > Some gremlin is messing with it and when I find it the NRA will deal
with
> > it..
> > LOL
> >
> > <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>I'm going to guess you're running an Nvida graphics
> >>card. Maybe you're running cursor XP, Or, Maybe, Windows
> >>XP is still a BETA program, and shoudlnt have been
> >>released as a purchasable product to the general public.
> >>Maybe it should be happy w/the old 98se or win2kpro
> >>edition keys, instead of stealing all of last years
> >>(Coolest) shareware and integrating it into there Newest
> >>and Greatest OS, for the low low price of 200 for upgrade
> >>400 new... etc. etc. etc.... Leave it to M$oft to now
> >>have 4 posts concerning There mouse's drivers not working
> >>right. Okay, enuff whining bout windows, gets a bit
> >>aggrivating. try updating your chipset drivers, and
> >>reinstalling your mouse drivers. I know you can get the
> >>latest intellipoint drivers at ms downoads area..
> >>Be lucky :)

I went to www.microsoft.com/keyboard/ . This redirects to
www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/ . I then clicked on
Download on the left side, then followed it from there ;)

----
Nathan McNulty

Bill wrote:
> Got the 5.2 and hope it works. What amazes me is how you guys find these
> links and when I go to the main MS web site all I can get to is the 5.0
> drivers. I dont see any link on the main page like the one you gave me. What
> am I missing? :)
>
> Thanks
> Bill
>

> "Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
>
>>I have to ask. Does the whole computer freeze or just the mouse? Try
>>pressing the Windows key and see if it brings up the Start Menu next
>>time. If that doesn't work, then it is your whole computer locking up
>>and I would check the heat inside your computer. Also,
>>IntelliType/IntelliPoint Drivers were just released a bit ago, so there
>>may be newer drivers than what you have. Check in
>>www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Download.mspx
>>
>>----
>>Nathan McNulty
>>

>>Bill wrote:
>>
>>>Well sorry to disappoint you but the answer is no to all your questions.
>
> ATI
>
>>>card/Win XP home with SP1, no betas, nada zilch, dont touch that stuff.

>>>have had this excellent mouse for years and never came across this until

>>>got a new PC. I think MS makes the best mouse out there and I love
>
> it...and
>
>>>I tried just about all of them.
>>>Got all the latest and greatest drivers that came with the system and
>
> there
>
>>>are no updates ...
>>>
>>>Some gremlin is messing with it and when I find it the NRA will deal
>
> with
>
>>>it..
>>>LOL
>>>
>>><anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message