Whats different in P4C800E and P4P800E Deluxe

What are the major differences between these two motherboards in
layman terms? Is there a noticeable difference between the onboard LAN
used by these boards?
Thanks.

no,one uses registered memory (ecc) and also has pat
technology...(p4c800e), although asus has an undocumented method to
enable pat on the p4800e as well...

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 21:26:36 -0500, Malam <malamilia@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>What are the major differences between these two motherboards in
>layman terms? Is there a noticeable difference between the onboard LAN
>used by these boards?
>Thanks.

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 00:45:22 -0500, in <alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus>,
nospam@needed.com (Paul) wrote:

[snip]

> The same is true of
> the inclusion of ECC protection for the memory - memory is
> good enough these days, that ECC doesn't have too much utility
> on a desktop.

[snip]

I swear I will never understand why this Old Wive's Tale so robustly lives on.

ECC is *always* preferable if/when available; "server" or "desktop" makes no
difference, as data corruption from flaky/bad RAM can occur just as easily in
either scenario, and can certainly have just as unpleasant an impact. If
anything, it is even more critical for the typical single-desktop SOHO user,
who historically does a lousy job of backing up their data (not that ECC is an
acceptable substitute for proper backup procedures, but the point remains...)

--

Jay T. Blocksom

-- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.
Unsolicited advertising sent to this domain is expressly prohibited under
47 USC S227 and State Law. Violators are subject to prosecution.