Mary

I had to reinstall my operating system. When I did this I lost my speaker
sound. It says no sound card detected, error 80040256. Does anybody know
how to fix this?

Is the audio built into the motherboard or do you have a separate soundcard?

When you reinstalled your operating system, did you go to the PC
manufacturer's website and download and install the audio drivers?
--
Cari ((MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
www.coribright.com

"Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I had to reinstall my operating system. When I did this I lost my speaker
> sound. It says no sound card detected, error 80040256. Does anybody know
> how to fix this?

Try downloading and installing Everest Home from www.lavalys.com . Run
the program and look under the sound section. It will tell you what card
you have and where to get the drivers ;)

----
Nathan McNulty