Dying Network setup wizard

Have had so many problems setting up a simple home network and run Network
Setwork Wizard so may times, that it is just refusing to budge and wont
finish off it's task. Help??

Also, can see both my PC and Laptop on either machines named workgroup but
cannot access each other's files. Have disabled all firewalls ets on both
and enabled file and printer sharing on both, what next??
3 answers Last reply
More about dying network setup wizard

    www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm

    Carey

    "jacq" <jacq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Have had so many problems setting up a simple home network and run Network
    > Setwork Wizard so may times, that it is just refusing to budge and wont
    > finish off it's task. Help??
    >

    > Also, can see both my PC and Laptop on either machines named workgroup but
    > cannot access each other's files. Have disabled all firewalls ets on both
    > and enabled file and printer sharing on both, what next??

    Hi

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "jacq" <jacq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Have had so many problems setting up a simple home network and run Network
    > Setwork Wizard so may times, that it is just refusing to budge and wont
    > finish off it's task. Help??
    >

    > Also, can see both my PC and Laptop on either machines named workgroup but
    > cannot access each other's files. Have disabled all firewalls ets on both
    > and enabled file and printer sharing on both, what next??

    You didn't specifically say so, I have to ask, "Have you set any
    folders to share?

    "jacq" <jacq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | Have had so many problems setting up a simple home network and run
    Network
    | Setwork Wizard so may times, that it is just refusing to budge and
    wont
    | finish off it's task. Help??
    |

    | Also, can see both my PC and Laptop on either machines named
    workgroup but
    | cannot access each other's files. Have disabled all firewalls ets
    on both
    | and enabled file and printer sharing on both, what next??

Wireless Networking