Dying Network setup wizard

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
January 25, 2005 11:35:09 AM

Have had so many problems setting up a simple home network and run Network
Setwork Wizard so may times, that it is just refusing to budge and wont
finish off it's task. Help??

Also, can see both my PC and Laptop on either machines named workgroup but
cannot access each other's files. Have disabled all firewalls ets on both
and enabled file and printer sharing on both, what next??
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 7:08:55 PM

www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm

Carey

"jacq" <jacq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have had so many problems setting up a simple home network and run Network
> Setwork Wizard so may times, that it is just refusing to budge and wont
> finish off it's task. Help??
>

> Also, can see both my PC and Laptop on either machines named workgroup but
> cannot access each other's files. Have disabled all firewalls ets on both
> and enabled file and printer sharing on both, what next??
January 25, 2005 7:28:35 PM

Hi

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"jacq" <jacq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have had so many problems setting up a simple home network and run Network
> Setwork Wizard so may times, that it is just refusing to budge and wont
> finish off it's task. Help??
>

> Also, can see both my PC and Laptop on either machines named workgroup but
> cannot access each other's files. Have disabled all firewalls ets on both
> and enabled file and printer sharing on both, what next??
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 12:05:17 AM

You didn't specifically say so, I have to ask, "Have you set any
folders to share?

!