Wireless Intellimouse Explorer for Bluetooth

Just installed this, and it works ok but when the PC is
rebooted the mousr does not work anymore and needs to be
re-detected using the bluetooth utility supplied as part
of SP2...

Anyone have any ideas - surely it should connect and work
automatically on reboots? Otherwise I have to mess around
with keyboard shortcuts or an alternative mouse to get
this working everytime I boot the PC, that just can;t be
right....

Ian
6 answers Last reply
More about wireless intellimouse explorer bluetooth

    I've had this problem too... try reinstalling your
    intellipoint drivers. I know that it's been resolved in
    SP2 but, currently as I type I'm installing SP2 again.
    If I bump into that issue again, I'll make sure to tell
    you my fix. Right off of hand though, pretty sure I just
    reinstalled intellipoint drivers... if that doesn't work,
    if you got a VIA chipset, go get hyperion drivers. Good
    luck.
    >Ian
    >.

    All working ok now... downloaded the latest intellipoint
    drivers, on 2nd reboot everything started working
    properly.... first time I've actually had BlueTooth
    running properly on a PC!

    And just a note, your driver CD that came with the hardware will no
    longer work on Service Pack 2. IntelliType/Point 5.2 Software does as
    you can see. Also, if you ever run into problems again, just uninstall
    the transciever (or unplug it, reboot, and plug it back in). Service
    Pack 2 will automatically reinstall it and set it up. Then add your
    devices again ;)

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Ian T wrote:
> [...]

    I thought I would just add on to this support request.

    I've had an issue with Microsoft wireless mouse and keyboard since the
    upgrade of SP2, on a IBM T40 laptop. (USB PLUG IN)

    The bluetooth MS driver isn't working properly.

    I have upgraded the IntelliType/Point 5.2 Software.

    That is I have completely unistalled all drivers keys from registry editor,
    uninstalled software by "add/remove" rebooted and the system picked up
    bluetooth but during install it came up with a driver error.

    On completion a driver error was found in device manager. It was the IBM
    intergrated bluetooth ii driver. (IBM is listed as supported in SP2) Now I
    have this driver working however the Microsoft Driver isn't working (yellow
    error sign)

    Bluetooth device manager shows no devices and a search finds none. I have
    "Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer" checked...Discovery is
    turned on..but no device is found..

    It worked find under SP1...

    Can someone please assist..

    "TedL" wrote:

    > I thought I would just add on to this support request.
    >
    > I've had an issue with Microsoft wireless mouse and keyboard since the
    > upgrade of SP2, on a IBM T40 laptop. (USB PLUG IN)
    >
    > The bluetooth MS driver isn't working properly.
    >
    > I have upgraded the IntelliType/Point 5.2 Software.
    >
    > That is I have completely unistalled all drivers keys from registry editor,
    > uninstalled software by "add/remove" rebooted and the system picked up
    > bluetooth but during install it came up with a driver error.
    >
    > On completion a driver error was found in device manager. It was the IBM
    > intergrated bluetooth ii driver. (IBM is listed as supported in SP2) Now I
    > have this driver working however the Microsoft Driver isn't working (yellow
    > error sign)
    >
    > Bluetooth device manager shows no devices and a search finds none. I have
    > "Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer" checked...Discovery is
    > turned on..but no device is found..
    >
    > It worked find under SP1...
    >
    > Can someone please assist..

    I can`t get to safe mode with this fingerprint keyboard. I thought all I
    had to do was press F8 to scroll to safe mode but that doesn`t work with this
    keyboard.Any ideas as to how to get to safe mode?
    tweets
    "TedL" wrote:

    > I thought I would just add on to this support request.
    >
    > I've had an issue with Microsoft wireless mouse and keyboard since the
    > upgrade of SP2, on a IBM T40 laptop. (USB PLUG IN)
    >
    > The bluetooth MS driver isn't working properly.
    >
    > I have upgraded the IntelliType/Point 5.2 Software.
    >
    > That is I have completely unistalled all drivers keys from registry editor,
    > uninstalled software by "add/remove" rebooted and the system picked up
    > bluetooth but during install it came up with a driver error.
    >
    > On completion a driver error was found in device manager. It was the IBM
    > intergrated bluetooth ii driver. (IBM is listed as supported in SP2) Now I
    > have this driver working however the Microsoft Driver isn't working (yellow
    > error sign)
    >
    > Bluetooth device manager shows no devices and a search finds none. I have
    > "Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer" checked...Discovery is
    > turned on..but no device is found..
    >
    > It worked find under SP1...
    >
    > Can someone please assist..

Wireless Intellimouse Bluetooth Windows XP