Direct Draw error message

Everytime I attempt to open an application (Usually games)
I get an error message saying: Cannot initialise Direct
draw.

Now, I tried putting a game on my pc, and the computer was
not happy about it. After several error messages, (Not the
one above) it asked me If I wanted to bypass direct draw,
I accidentaly clicked yes.

Does anyone know of a way to make direct draw active on
DirectX 9.0?
3 answers Last reply
More about direct draw error message

    Does your video controller support Direct Draw? PEOPLE
    when you post a question, think about your question, and
    about the connection to your computer. if you know it,
    list your:

    Motherboard, Maker, Style, Rev. North and South Chipset.
    Video Controller pci agp built on, Maker and model.
    Harddrives, IDE / Scsi...
    etc.etc...

    Try installing the latest version of DirectX from www.microsoft.com/directx

    Also, try installing the latest video card drivers ;)

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    > Does your video controller support Direct Draw? PEOPLE
    > when you post a question, think about your question, and
    > about the connection to your computer. if you know it,
    > list your:
    >
    > Motherboard, Maker, Style, Rev. North and South Chipset.
    > Video Controller pci agp built on, Maker and model.
    > Harddrives, IDE / Scsi...
    > etc.etc...

    Sir,
    go to -->" Display Properties"--> Settings--> advanced--> Trouble shoot -->
    slide "Hardware acceleration" to FULL--> enable "write combining" --> apply,
    OK

    now install Direct X Again, this will fix your problem, also try in start
    menu --> run command --> "dxdiag.exe" and perform direct x test for agp
    acceleration and direct draw.

    Regards

    Sony Payyappilly

    "Suddie" wrote:

    > Everytime I attempt to open an application (Usually games)
    > I get an error message saying: Cannot initialise Direct
    > draw.
    >
    > Now, I tried putting a game on my pc, and the computer was
    > not happy about it. After several error messages, (Not the
    > one above) it asked me If I wanted to bypass direct draw,
    > I accidentaly clicked yes.
    >
    > Does anyone know of a way to make direct draw active on
    > DirectX 9.0?

Games Error Message Windows XP