Need to format hard drive and reload xp HELP

Paolo

How do I format the hard drive on my packard bell 5542 i
series note boand re install XP.

Regards

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Boot from the XP CD and have the install program do a format.

"paolo" <paoloramius@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> How do I format the hard drive on my packard bell 5542 i
> series note boand re install XP.
>
> Regards

Check your manual and/or contact Packard Bell.
Different manufacturers do it differently and their procedures are
specific to your brand.

If Windows XP is retail, follow this for a Clean Installation:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/cleanxp.htm

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"paolo" <paoloramius@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> How do I format the hard drive on my packard bell 5542 i
> series note boand re install XP.
>
> Regards

Mohan

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2004

check this website www.windowsreinstall.com
a good site which helps in installation of windows
good luck