Asus Proprietary Wi-Fi Slot card, Where to find?

Can anybody tell me where to find Asus's Wi-Fi card that fits their
proprietary slot? Also, was there EVER a "G" (802.11g) card produced that
fit this slot? I know the "B" card was produced, because a number of
motherboards came with the card.

I've search high and low, and thought that I had found one (the "G" version)
on NewEgg, however once the unit arrived, it was just the standard PCI card
with the remote mount antenna. I was rather disappointed as I was assured
by both the item description and Customer Service that the card I was
ordering fit the Asus Wi-Fi slot and was most certainly NOT the PCI version.

If anybody has a motherboard that came with this card, or even someone who
has purchased one in the past, I would appreciate it if you could pass along
a part number to me so I can search the 'net with that. It would certainly
make finding a unit that much easier... If you know where I can buy one,
that would be better yet!

I email Asus 5-days ago inquiring about these cards, however, I have yet to
receive a response from them, which, based upon posts here, seems typical.

Thanks for any help!

I have a P4C800 e-deluxe with one of the original Asus WiFi-B Cards. I
believe, there are not any "G" Versions. The "G" stands for 54 MB/s
bandwith.
The "b" Version with 11 MB/s ist more than enough! No DSL Net servs 11 MB/s.
My DSL 2000 delivers just 2 MB/s and that is
very fast indeed!
The run on the "G" ist bullshit! Only a router for dozends of pc's need more
than 11 MB. A single pc does not need more!!!! Look at my system.
I found the card at ebay! Search for "Wifi" and "Asus". I founded a lot of
cards. I payed 10 Euros at it works very fine! The extern antenna is very
handling. With this you can force a better bandwith by trying different
places for the antenna. No fixed antenna can do this!

Good luck

sticksen

"FeMaster" <FeMaster @ hotmail . com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Can anybody tell me where to find Asus's Wi-Fi card that fits their
> proprietary slot? Also, was there EVER a "G" (802.11g) card produced that
> fit this slot? I know the "B" card was produced, because a number of
> motherboards came with the card.
>
> I've search high and low, and thought that I had found one (the "G"
> version)
> on NewEgg, however once the unit arrived, it was just the standard PCI
> card
> with the remote mount antenna. I was rather disappointed as I was assured
> by both the item description and Customer Service that the card I was
> ordering fit the Asus Wi-Fi slot and was most certainly NOT the PCI
> version.
>
> If anybody has a motherboard that came with this card, or even someone who
> has purchased one in the past, I would appreciate it if you could pass
> along
> a part number to me so I can search the 'net with that. It would
> certainly
> make finding a unit that much easier... If you know where I can buy one,
> that would be better yet!
>
> I email Asus 5-days ago inquiring about these cards, however, I have yet
> receive a response from them, which, based upon posts here, seems typical.
>
> Thanks for any help!

Look at
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=77184&item=6755776838&rd=1

> You don't mention which motherboard this is for, but in a couple
> of manuals I checked here, it says:
>
> "The PCI 5 slot and the WiFi slot can not be used at the same time"
>
> If the PCI one you bought works, why not keep it ?

Oops, thought I did... It's and Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe...

Unfortunately, it's already been sent back... I may end up ordering the
same one again... Won't be as bad this time, the price has come down some,
and they refunded the cost of shipping as well, so I will actually make out
on the deal if that's what I decide to go with...

I'd still prefer to find the Proprietary card if I can though... It's seems
to be a cheaper route than the PCI card based upon the auction pricings when
I did an eBay search. Unfortunately, no WiFi-G cards that I can see... I
REALLY wish Asus would answer their support emails!

Looks pretty good and a decent price. Unfortunately, only ships to Germany,
and I'm in the US. Can't read the auction worth a darn either... :)

"sticksen" <costa.lage@freenet.de> wrote in message
> Look at

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=77184&item=6755776838&rd=1

> "FeMaster" <FeMaster @ hotmail . com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Can anybody tell me where to find Asus's Wi-Fi card that fits their
> > proprietary slot? Also, was there EVER a "G" (802.11g) card produced
that
> > fit this slot? I know the "B" card was produced, because a number of
> > motherboards came with the card.
> >
> > I've search high and low, and thought that I had found one (the "G"
> > version)
> > on NewEgg, however once the unit arrived, it was just the standard PCI
> > card
> > with the remote mount antenna. I was rather disappointed as I was
assured
> > by both the item description and Customer Service that the card I was
> > ordering fit the Asus Wi-Fi slot and was most certainly NOT the PCI
> > version.
> >
> > If anybody has a motherboard that came with this card, or even someone
who
> > has purchased one in the past, I would appreciate it if you could pass
> > along
> > a part number to me so I can search the 'net with that. It would
> > certainly
> > make finding a unit that much easier... If you know where I can buy
one,
> > that would be better yet!
> >
> > I email Asus 5-days ago inquiring about these cards, however, I have yet
> > receive a response from them, which, based upon posts here, seems
typical.

> > Thanks for any help!

You could order one from Canada, it would even save you money. The link
below has them. Remember that the price is in Cdn funds which would save you
25 % or thereabouts.
Ken'
http://www.pccanada.com/inventory.asp?cat=NETWORKING%20PRODUCTS

"FeMaster" <FeMaster @ hotmail . com> wrote in message

>> You don't mention which motherboard this is for, but in a couple
>> of manuals I checked here, it says:
>>
>> "The PCI 5 slot and the WiFi slot can not be used at the same time"
>>
>> If the PCI one you bought works, why not keep it ?
>>

> Oops, thought I did... It's and Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe...
>
> Unfortunately, it's already been sent back... I may end up ordering the
> same one again... Won't be as bad this time, the price has come down
> some,
> and they refunded the cost of shipping as well, so I will actually make
> out
> on the deal if that's what I decide to go with...
>
> I'd still prefer to find the Proprietary card if I can though... It's
> seems
> to be a cheaper route than the PCI card based upon the auction pricings
> when
> I did an eBay search. Unfortunately, no WiFi-G cards that I can see... I
> REALLY wish Asus would answer their support emails!

Do a Google search for Asus® WL-138g Wireless Lan PCI adapter , I found 9
sites in the US that have them.
Ken'

"FeMaster" <FeMaster @ hotmail . com> wrote in message

>> You don't mention which motherboard this is for, but in a couple
>> of manuals I checked here, it says:
>>
>> "The PCI 5 slot and the WiFi slot can not be used at the same time"
>>
>> If the PCI one you bought works, why not keep it ?
>>

> Oops, thought I did... It's and Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe...
>
> Unfortunately, it's already been sent back... I may end up ordering the
> same one again... Won't be as bad this time, the price has come down
> some,
> and they refunded the cost of shipping as well, so I will actually make
> out
> on the deal if that's what I decide to go with...
>
> I'd still prefer to find the Proprietary card if I can though... It's
> seems
> to be a cheaper route than the PCI card based upon the auction pricings
> when
> I did an eBay search. Unfortunately, no WiFi-G cards that I can see... I
> REALLY wish Asus would answer their support emails!

Thanks for the advice. Actually the one I bought, and will probably get
again if I am unsuccessful in the next few weeks at finding the Proprietary
card, is the Asus Wi-Fi@Home unit here:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=39-112-003&depa=0

It's cheaper than other cards for whatever reason, and comes with a remote
mount antenna...

"Ken'" <kft34@golden.net> wrote in message
> Do a Google search for Asus® WL-138g Wireless Lan PCI adapter , I found 9
> sites in the US that have them.
> Ken'
>

> "FeMaster" <FeMaster @ hotmail . com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Paul" <nospam@needed.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> You don't mention which motherboard this is for, but in a couple
> >> of manuals I checked here, it says:
> >>
> >> "The PCI 5 slot and the WiFi slot can not be used at the same time"
> >>
> >> If the PCI one you bought works, why not keep it ?
> >>

> > Oops, thought I did... It's and Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe...
> >
> > Unfortunately, it's already been sent back... I may end up ordering the
> > same one again... Won't be as bad this time, the price has come down
> > some,
> > and they refunded the cost of shipping as well, so I will actually make
> > out
> > on the deal if that's what I decide to go with...
> >
> > I'd still prefer to find the Proprietary card if I can though... It's
> > seems
> > to be a cheaper route than the PCI card based upon the auction pricings
> > when
> > I did an eBay search. Unfortunately, no WiFi-G cards that I can see...
> > REALLY wish Asus would answer their support emails!

Do a search for Asus Wifi-b wireless card on yahoo shopping.

FeMaster wrote:

> Can anybody tell me where to find Asus's Wi-Fi card that fits their
> proprietary slot? Also, was there EVER a "G" (802.11g) card produced that
> fit this slot? I know the "B" card was produced, because a number of
> motherboards came with the card.
>
> I've search high and low, and thought that I had found one (the "G" version)
> on NewEgg, however once the unit arrived, it was just the standard PCI card
> with the remote mount antenna. I was rather disappointed as I was assured
> by both the item description and Customer Service that the card I was
> ordering fit the Asus Wi-Fi slot and was most certainly NOT the PCI version.
>
> If anybody has a motherboard that came with this card, or even someone who
> has purchased one in the past, I would appreciate it if you could pass along
> a part number to me so I can search the 'net with that. It would certainly
> make finding a unit that much easier... If you know where I can buy one,
> that would be better yet!
>
> I email Asus 5-days ago inquiring about these cards, however, I have yet to
> receive a response from them, which, based upon posts here, seems typical.
>
> Thanks for any help!

This is a PCI card.

I thought you guys were after a card that fits in the proprietry slot?

Is this another Asus orphan?

T.

<tlai909@visto.com> wrote in message
> This is a PCI card.
>
> I thought you guys were after a card that fits in the proprietry slot?
>
> Is this another Asus orphan?
>
> T.

I bought the ASUS pci version with the external antenna from newegg for
about $30 USD. It is excellent and I recommend it. I put it on my kid's
virii laden computer and took him off our home lan. He has his choice of 3
open wireless systems in our neighborhood. Previously, my thinkpad could
only find one open wireless, but with that external antenna he has a bigger
range. Lag time for the rest of my kids improved considerably.

Beemer Biker joestateson@grandecom.net
http://TipsForTheComputingImpaired.com
http://ResearchRiders.org Ask about my 99'R1100RT

Last Boy Scout wrote:
> Do a search for Asus Wifi-b wireless card on yahoo shopping.
>
> FeMaster wrote:
>
>> Can anybody tell me where to find Asus's Wi-Fi card that fits their
>> proprietary slot? Also, was there EVER a "G" (802.11g) card produced
>> that
>> fit this slot? I know the "B" card was produced, because a number of
>> motherboards came with the card.
>>
>> I've search high and low, and thought that I had found one (the "G"
>> version)
>> on NewEgg, however once the unit arrived, it was just the standard PCI
>> card
>> with the remote mount antenna. I was rather disappointed as I was
>> assured
>> by both the item description and Customer Service that the card I was
>> ordering fit the Asus Wi-Fi slot and was most certainly NOT the PCI
>> version.
>>
>> If anybody has a motherboard that came with this card, or even someone
>> who
>> has purchased one in the past, I would appreciate it if you could pass
>> along
>> a part number to me so I can search the 'net with that. It would
>> certainly
>> make finding a unit that much easier... If you know where I can buy one,
>> that would be better yet!
>>
>> I email Asus 5-days ago inquiring about these cards, however, I have
>> yet to
>> receive a response from them, which, based upon posts here, seems
>> typical.
>>
>> Thanks for any help!

If you're still looking, the part number is 90-C1TAC5-00EAY